šŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

Yeah, Iā€™ve been considering those too. :wink:

I guess this is a good start.

2 Likes

Yes, Iā€™ve been looking there Q5k interests me, but prob donā€™t need all it does.
Later decision, lol.

1 Like

Put these on my good gear after testing them with simple hp outs on laptop, tablet and phone. Now laptop but w. external dac and amp. I listen to a LOT
of female vocals, often balladsā€¦gotta say Olina gives me the best clarity and
timbre on them of anything I own.
On this piece I hear a depth of emotion Iā€™ve not heard before. Wonderful.
Amazon HD so no link. But itā€™s Jacinthaā€¦Autumn Leaves albumā€¦Hereā€™s to Life. (Thanks again, HBB and all here who helped convince me.) :wink:

5 Likes

condensation is not a probability ā€¦ itā€™s definiteā€¦! and a matter of listening session length. for some people my happen sooner or later depending on temperature or humidity. but it WILL happen. if you use wide bore tips , itā€™ll happen much fasterā€¦! some may disagree ā€¦ but trust me ā€¦ put wide bores and listen for about 2 hrs. look at the nozzle and youā€™ll see water droplets.
so unit replacement wonā€™t do you any good. you have 2 options. either use Tanya filter mod o use a anti moisture spray on current filter. this is what Iā€™ve done and solved the issue in my case.

2 Likes

I also had the condensation issue and the Tanya filters fixed it.

3 Likes

How much do filters change the sound? Moisture buildup is the absolute bane of my existence and I have seen someone selling waterproof filters in Lazada and Iā€™d love to try them out on the Olina and especially when I get my Oracle back

What anti moisture spray did you use? Like the ones for waterproofing shoes? Also got any idea how it would work for something like stainless mesh filter as well?

1 Like

Hey guys, need some advices here.
As I use my dongle iBasso Dc05 to connect my IEMs to my phone, I face the choice between listening to music and charging, and whilst using the dongle, it consumes extra battery power:(
And itā€™s not so convenient when I ride my bicycle or hiking:(
So Iā€™m considering adding some mobility to my devices.
Iā€™m thinking of two ways:

1. Get a Bluetooth DAC/amp like Btr5 or Qudelix 5k.
  2. Get a wireless Earphones.
    Whatā€™s your solutions, what do you use when you go out on the streets?
1 Like

Get that bro.

3 Likes
  1. Qudelix is a beast. Insane app, peq, good batery life and clean sound. No brainer
  2. If you donā€™t mind the wires, first option is better sq wise. If you need the ANC, itā€™s where tws rule. After trying the top dogs, I kept Edifier Neobuds Pro, but I still think Samsung Buds Pro and N400 are great. Really depends on your lib and preferences.

I would use olina and q5k and run away with your money :cold_face:

4 Likes

Dammmmmmn, itā€™s settled!
Thanks @hawaiibadboy @nymz :nerd_face:

3 Likes

There is this BTR7 on presale right now that may also be interesting choice, however almost double the price of Q5k. It has more power, THX amplifier (which should be extremely clean), wireless charging and same BT chip as Q5k, so maybe it works allow for plenty of EQ and other DSP options like Qudelix can.
I am an user of Q5k however and love it for what it is. That little piece of device was the only thing that made me start Ewing stuff

I am a BTR5 fan, but the sound is just a bit warmer than the 5K. I have a 5K, but I donā€™t use it is as much due to the stock tuning.

The 5K has two killer features - the 3.5mm supports TRRS, so it works with headsets as well as headphones/IEMs, and it has the best EQ of any device of its ilk.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B083XNV359/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

1 Like

@andjayik Thanks, I did look them up and will try them. Put on the Spinfit 100
which gave me a better seal and bass and are comfortaable, but since I am so new to iems am willing to try a few alternatives. Fun! PS it says they run large so order a step down. Thus if Spinfit M fit me then possibly MS? I see they have a pkg of
xs s ms that might be worth a try. Your thoughts?

1 Like

Word of warning, ear tips are practically a whole other sub-hobby with IEMs. It tended to try different ones out when I was already ordering other things online. I probably use the Spinfit CP100/CP100+ or Final Series E 90% of the time, but I have a whole case of ear tips.

AZLA has a few tips that people really like the XELASTEC, and Crystal, I donā€™t think I have tried the Light. Be aware when shopping for tips that there are two depths on on some tips like the SednaEarfit, they have a TWS or ā€œfor budsā€, which are very shallow, and the standard ones. I have never been a huge AZLA fan, so I am not good with their size conversions.

The rule is that wider openings tend to make the treble more prominent, the narrow bore tends to tame the treble. You can use that to help an IEM that isnā€™t quite to your tastes.

1 Like

HA HA. Yeah I can see that by reading the various iem threads, lol. I do like the
CP 100s and did notice they toned down the treble just enough without losing
the amazing details I enjoy. Does change the overall presentation a bit, tho, so the caveat to tread lightly with this is noted (financially as well.)
Thanks for the tip!!! (Sorry just canā€™t resist, lol.)

I then looked in my case, I have a 8 pairs of their ear tips in my case. Of course in the case vs on the IEM is important for this. I use the XELASTEC on the BL-03, mostly because they fit best with that tip, but that is the only IEM that I use them on right now.

By contrast my favorite tips are the Spinfit CP100 Plus. I have one pair in the case, but this is the tip used on most of my favorites. Of the 6 IEMs that I am most likely to use, three have CP100+ on them right now, and two are Final E, with the other Spinfit CP145.

I enjoy the Mele so much that I have one with CP100+ and a balance cable, and one with Final E and the stock cable.

2 Likes

Cables next up :grin:

2 Likes

Every set of ears is different, of course, but I personally love the SednaEarfitLight because itā€™s so soft and the bore is wide. (I listen to classical or jazz most of the time, so itā€™s ā€œyes pleaseā€ on the treble and ā€œno thank youā€ on the extra bass.)

They do run slightly larger, as you noted. A Spinfit M has a diameter of 12.2mm, while the AZLA M is 12.6mm and the MS is 11.9. (So you actually have to go up or down a little bit. I ended up getting both, and the MS is perfect.)

And as John said, get the regular length tips, not the short, especially on the Olina where I find the extra length a necessity.

2 Likes