šŸ”¶ Unique Melody 3D Terminator

Sure, the treble is hot, but itā€™s some of the best, most natural sounding treble quality Iā€™ve heard in an IEM. I wish more IEMs incorporated a DD for treble.

I think it will depend on your library and your tolerance for treble, only you can answer.

I have these ordered to try but I wonā€™t use them if they effect the treble quality. I thought Iā€™d try them out thoughā€¦

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002116577785.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.9e6b4c4daq58JP

I tried the tape mod and do not recommend it. I feel it compromised the tonality too much.

Nice IEM and cable! Well done. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Filter mod + foam tips + thick pure copper cable not enough to tame the peaks?

I personally hate peaky DD treble, could not live with them in the FD5 even with the tweaks above.

Peaky DD is searingly sharp imo, they just cut like a scissor.

Thanks for the suggestion. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Witness my thicc CEMA pure copper cable in 2.5 balanced config. I love it so much. It is the cable that turned me into a believer.

You do realize the Graphene cable many of us have been discussing in this thread is a thick copper cable? 8 core is extremely thick (too thick and heavy for some) and measures better than any cable Iā€™ve measured.

ā€œ8-cores grapheneUpgrade Cable LITZ structure Single crystal copper plated silver + graphene earphone upgrade cableā€

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002380254843.html?pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"12000020435054850","ship_from":"CN"}&gps-id=pcStoreJustForYou&scm=1007.23125.137358.0&scm_id=1007.23125.137358.0&scm-url=1007.23125.137358.0&pvid=ddf6aca9-0cf6-4b67-ba4c-032379311094&spm=a2g0o.store_pc_home.smartJustForYou_6000198554715.17

Have a pic of your CEMA cable measurement?

1 Like

Is that cable 171 on HakuzenĀ“s list?

If so, it measures around 0.13-0.14 ohm on his super accurate measurement setup.

JFYI: Thereā€™s another listing for the same cable (same seller):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002308016313.html

Ref.:

1 Like

As always, thanks Riku! :slight_smile:

NP, CEMA/EA cables are VERY high quality. Its just that they are also VERY expensive and especially nowadays with XINHS around. Although 2+ years ago and they were pretty much the default rec.

2 Likes

That graphene cable is not a pure copper cable though. I have found pure copper tilts energy more towards bass end of spectrum and appropriately veils treble peaks.

I have the 8 core version. Super supple, great cable all around.

Thatā€™s probably a listing for the sale price. Iā€™ve gotten a bunch of them when they go on sale for that price. Grab them while you can! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some of us do not believe in cables modifying the sound.

2 Likes

I knowā€¦ :wink:

But that oneā€™s been there for a while (since the previous sale actually)ā€¦ :rofl:

Maybe he just didnā€™t bother to remove them?

I believe thereā€™s also two of the 4-core listings.

(Anyway, Iā€™ll stop derailing the thread now)ā€¦ :nerd_face:

1 Like

ok, that is not cable 171.

1 Like

I speak directly to XINHS and get rates directly from the company because I usually buy larger quantities of cables and custom made cables from time to time. They usually give you good deals on the price as well. So much so I ask to tip him to thank him for his work and time. Incredibly nice guy to deal with and does very fast/incredible work. Iā€™m always very impressed.

1 Like

Hearing is believing :wink:

I would be surprised if you did not find a difference in say a pure silver cable vs a pure copper cable on your MEST.

It should be sensitive and resolving enough to pick up on it.

2 Likes

Are you using this cable on Timeless? It doesnā€™t tame treble too much? Does it do any staging improvement?

Or just EQ it instead šŸ¤· cheaper

I am quite treble sensitive, yet I still love the treble on the 3DT. It just so happens to be my favorite part of this IEM. I hope that should tell anyone that the treble on the 3DT is different/special.

It is a bit hot as I mentioned earlier and wouldnā€™t mind it tamed slightly, but I wouldnā€™t at the cost of its quality.

@Rikudou_Goku suggested trying the filters I linked so maybe theyā€™ll do the trick. If not, itā€™s not a big deal because I already very much enjoy the 3DT in stock form. I feel it is one of the best IEMs I own especially for the metal genre.

4 Likes

27 posts were merged into an existing topic: No Serious Business - IEM Edition