Unofficial - What you want Zeos to review thread

I’d like Zeos to review the NuPrime Hi-mDAC/amp USB. It strikes me as so much better and cleaner than the other portable stuff I’ve heard. Even the Ifi zen dac although it doesn’t have the power. But it doesn’t require any power either, like the Dragonflies. It’s perfect for cellphone use and really well built and for the kind of music I listen to (mainly classical -chamber, symphonic and opera) the cleanness and separation is so good. It also has really precise manual volume control. It just seems like a great great product with no advertising at all, just word of mouth. And it costs around $130. Anyway I guess I’d like zeos’ opinion or Joshua valours or the Heaphone Show or Metal571 or DMS or whoever else is linked to this forum.

1 Like

Urbanfun ybf-iss014, supposed to be a more neutral alternative the the blon bl-03 with insane sub bass. Also, would be nice to hear some mentions/comparasions with the verum 1 when he is talking about sub $1000 headphones.
Lastly, the schiit asgard 3 is supposed to be a huge leap compared to previous models. Would be interesting to see his take on that as it has a rather large class A bias and uses schiits proprietary continuity system. Maybe somewhat reminiscent of the rebel amp? It also packs some serious power for a single ended amp.

Definitely want him to check out the Aeon 2’s since hes been in love with open x lately

I’d also like to see him review Feliks-Audio’s handcrafted tube amps. The entry level Echo goes for $500 and has a build quality that looks superb, although I’ve never hear how they sound.

1 Like

…and Lake People G103s headphone amplifier that I think is being voted for on Drop+ at the moment

@ZeosPantera

Zman this is a must demo/review for you to do!

I was just introduced to them by @elira here OTF.

$750
Class A
Ukrainian made (just like RA)
16 watts @ 30 ohm
1.7 watts @ 300 ohm
1 watts @ 600 ohm

This will drive the dt 880 - 600s you reviewed…

2 Likes

A divisive IEM. A lot of people who like it, love it. Some people don’t. IMO I think it’s interesting given its price point.

Hoping for an Aeon 2 Closed and Open review some time in the future.

Already in talks. Waiting on a 110V version.

5 Likes

@ZeosPantera It would be cool if you could snag a set of these as they’re suppose to take a detour from the Grado house sound?:beers:

1 Like

I’m in the small minority of people who want earbud reviews so I’m interested in the Moondrop Nameless as he did the Chaconne previously. The Moondrop SSR also seems interesting but it’s fairly new and seems competitive at the pricepoint they’re targeting.

1 Like

Denafrips Ares II

4 Likes
  • Focal Elegia
  • Mackie MRS 10 sub

A cool vid idea would be to take a list of all his fav headphones/iems/speakers and list his favorite specific parings with the gear for driving them like dacs/amps/preamps. As well as giving his opinions on what equipment is most versatile and requires the least finessing to sound their best.

hes definitely gonna do a SSR review but probably in a few months cause we all know he like moondrop but Im thinking it may drop when the SSP comes out and he does a review of both. he does have a pile of other IEMs to review

Alright here’s something different I want Zeos to review: Bone Conduction Headphones, preferably by Aftershokz. Knowing how much he talks about build, fit, and comfort I’m very curious on his thoughts, regardless of sound quality. :grin:

Unique Melody use bone conducting technologies in some of their iem’s like the MEST :+1:

1 Like

A Zeos “platinum” review of the upcoming HiBy R8 would be great. Uber expensive, but checks a lot of boxes on my premium DAP checklist :wink:.

1 Like

MDMA, since he loves music :grin:

2 Likes

https://kitsunehifi.com/product/singxer-sda-2c/

1 Like

2 affordable DACs that measure well and have some promising features from Soncoz.

Soncoz LA-QXD1 - 200

Soncoz SGD1 - 450

1 Like