Upgrade Recommendations Desired

Are there any specific sites / resources you use looking for used headphones? I’ve found audiomart and ebay, but that’s about it.

Actually this aint bad

But again I would highly think about if you really want to go this route

Also saw these https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649575459-focal-elear-headphone-mint-new-drivers-just-installed-by-focal-two-years-warranty/

I would avoid the elear, just look for a used elex imo

Hmm ok. Browsing for now.

Any significant difference between Asgard 2 and Asgard 3? Found some used / b stock asgard 2’s for relatively cheap.

Thread on this not to long ago: Where do you buy used gear?

1 Like

Yes very large difference, I was never really a fan of the asgard 2 whatsoever, and the asgard 3 really changed it for me. It’s a full redesign almost and it’s actually good now lol

1 Like

Hmm, ok. So currently looking for either used 560s or just gonna go for new Sundaras. I read that the sundaras had a stealth revision recently to fix some issues, so imma try to grab a newer pair if possible. Looking for asgard 3’s as well. Any alternative amps that you’d suggest? Alternatives to the D10 that you like (just out of curiosity, I’m probably going to pick one up after having just read more about it)?

Using these now. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone warned you about d10 clones? I’d verify you buy from an authorized dealer or on ebay contact the seller ahead of time

Yea, looking online and seeing a bunch of people complaining about clones. Taking a look around.

1 Like

Honestly I would just say sundaras, they most likely will do what you want them to lol

I mean personally I would stick with the asgard 3, but the archel 2.5 pro is also good (but personally I prefer the a3 more with the sundara). The smsl m100 is also solid as well.

2 Likes

Thoughts on just going geshelli archel 2.5, enog 2, and sundara?

That would be pretty sweet, you would get a slightly cleaner sound than the asgard 3 but loose out on some impact, but it would be pretty sweet, can recommend

1 Like

That sounds wicked appealing. Total cost comes to somewhere around $800 total.

Ok, options so far:

• Archel 2.5 + Enog + Sundara = ~$750
  • Asgard 3 + Enog + Sundara = ~$750
  • Asgard 3 + D10 + Sundara = ~$700
  • Asgard 3 + D10 + Elex (Used) = ~$725
  • Asgard 3 + Enog + HE560 = ~$800

Thoughts? Alternatives? I’m currently leaning heavily towards the first or fourth options. Doing a bit more research.

Hmmmm. I would personally pick option 2 for myself

Edit: and 4th since I didn’t see it

2 Likes

Yeah 4th is the most appealing to me here

1 Like

So people seem to like #4. D10 vs Enog for that? Enog’s double the price but stays relevant for balanced upgrade in the future. Any real performance difference between the two?

The enog 2 is pretty much a step up imo.

I’m just a country boy. How do people use the Enog without USB in?