Upgrade Recommendations Desired

I really like mine, I do kinda prefer it to the sundara but it needs alot of power to get good and I am in the minority of preferring it over the sundara lol

Hmm. What do you like about it over the sundara?

And what are you using to power it?

I think if he likes the planar sound and wants something open the x00 might not be exactly what he is looking for, I think something like the elex sounds more up his alley at that price point

1 Like

Itā€™s got greater stage and also greater slam, and imo it scales better with amps, I do think the sundara is more refined sounding though. I like mine on my niimbus us4+, but there are cheaper amps that suit it well too lol

2 Likes

Ok, so 560 scales better over time and the sundara just sounds more refined. Watching a few comparisons between the sundara and 560s. What exactly do you mean by more refined sounding. More detail? Cleaner?

Sidenote, found an HE 560 for 350 usd (used in good condition, seller is apparently reliable). Equivalent price being part of the equation, 560 vs sundara?

So itā€™s a more coherent signature and also less peaky and more even, the 560 is more fun in comparison. The 560 would be a more direct upgrade to the 400/4xx, while the sundara would still be an upgrade but slightly different. Also there are different versions of the 560 so be careful, you want the he560 v1, which as the wood veneer and mini coax or 2.5mm cup connectors. Also the 560 is known for having more qc issues than the sundara just to note.

Whatā€™s your budget for an amp?

Hmm ok. Hereā€™s the link. Isnā€™t the wood veneer. Looking up the differences now.

Budget for a new amp is the rest of the 1000 that I donā€™t spend :stuck_out_tongue:. Cheaper is better, as always, but if itā€™s really worth it Iā€™d go for it.

Nah hard avoid, thatā€™s a version that was sold on adoroma camera that uses bstock drivers and generally sounds worse

1 Like

Ahh ok. Thanks for the save

TBH looking whatā€™s out there at the moment, I really donā€™t see a good deal

Are there any specific sites / resources you use looking for used headphones? Iā€™ve found audiomart and ebay, but thatā€™s about it.

Actually this aint bad

But again I would highly think about if you really want to go this route

Also saw these https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649575459-focal-elear-headphone-mint-new-drivers-just-installed-by-focal-two-years-warranty/

I would avoid the elear, just look for a used elex imo

Hmm ok. Browsing for now.

Any significant difference between Asgard 2 and Asgard 3? Found some used / b stock asgard 2ā€™s for relatively cheap.

Thread on this not to long ago: Where do you buy used gear?

1 Like

Yes very large difference, I was never really a fan of the asgard 2 whatsoever, and the asgard 3 really changed it for me. Itā€™s a full redesign almost and itā€™s actually good now lol

1 Like

Hmm, ok. So currently looking for either used 560s or just gonna go for new Sundaras. I read that the sundaras had a stealth revision recently to fix some issues, so imma try to grab a newer pair if possible. Looking for asgard 3ā€™s as well. Any alternative amps that youā€™d suggest? Alternatives to the D10 that you like (just out of curiosity, Iā€™m probably going to pick one up after having just read more about it)?

Using these now. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like