Upgrade shp9500s to something that is around 200-250 CAD

Is it not available where you’re located? Look up that headphone where you’re at…

Hifiman he400se and fiio k5 pro, didn’t recommend them before cause they’re cheap themselves, but actually need the amp.

Those probably sound like what you expected the 9500 to lol

do u think its worth buying those 2 or just buying a 400$-ish headphone.

Can’t think of a headphone around that price that beats them without needing an amp itself.

If you really absolutely do not want a dac-amp, there’s this.

Yeh I thought about the wireless deva too, it wasn’t available on amazon ca, but it’s an option too.
I’d just get the amp for future proofing tho

As far as I know, the Deva is bluetooth only. For gaming, even bluetooth “low-latency” will have 40ms of lag. Not recommended at all for competitive gaming. The Penrose are wi-fi. No lag.

if @sickomode really, absolutely doesn’t want a DAC/Amp, nor any of the wired headphones recommended above, what he wants is wireless wi-fi headphones, for zero latency. That’s the problem, that’s why it’s hard for me to recommend him anything. 99% of the “gaming headphones” won’t sound better than SHP9500s and will cost 400$ because they put RGB + a microphone + 5.1 weird fake 3D imaging + a DAC + an amp + wifi inside, and the drivers that make the sound as an aftertought.

Take a look at the Steelseries Arctis 1 wireless, or the Razer Barracuda X (same thing, just different branding). 100$-ish each, both wi-fi wireless.

Will this be an upgrade to the shp9500s? Probably not. But that’s a 100$ option in the few options you have for “wi-fi gaming headphones with no useless gadgets included”.

wait where did the bluetooth recommendations come from, I don’t mind the wire lol

So I’m leaning towards the 200$ amp and 200$ headphone. Will the difference be night and day from my 9500s with shure pads?

I haven’t taken-in the entire thread here, but everytime I see someone looking for the subject — I have to advance the Hifiman HE-5xx again and again.
You do want an amp. The xDuoo MT-602 is dynamite pairing. Choose a $100 DAC you find prettiest.

I know Drop items are not available everywhere. I know the wired Deva offered a near-identical sound, but I can not vouch for the fit as that is a completely different headband. I’m also unsure if any wired Deva are floating around, I think they pulled them at some point.

I’d say Fiio K5 Pro for the dac-amp combo. Will power everything, even hard-to-drive Beyerdynamics or planar headphones (HE4XX/5XX/Fostex T50RPs… a different technology).

You might want to search “headphones for soundstage” in the “gaming” category of this forum – pretty sure this question has been asked a lot already and you’ll find people who already got their answers.

People recommend the dt880 but I dont like headphones that I cant replace the cable to

I agree, I skipped buying any of the DT series till someone was selling a pre-modded DT990.

Another idea.

https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/MH-752-surround-virtuel-écouteurs-omnidirectionnel/dp/B07JH4R6ZT/