V shaped headphone

What do you think of the nighthawk carbons lol? Those sound up your alley for what you like and listen to. If you could find a fostex x00 that would be a great choice as well (but you might have to look used)

1 Like

Yeah thinking about it again, the Nighthawk Carbon do have really great bass overall. Quite a bargain at 250 USD.

If you donā€™t mind waiting, Iā€™d say the Argons are good for that as well, real good impacting bass & the width is good too.

Thatā€™s also a good choice if you have the amp to drive them, they can be quite hungry headphones

1 Like

A cheeper closed back choice?.. then the 770 250 ohmā€™s :+1:

1 Like

Thatā€™s also a pretty enjoyable v shaped phone as well, also an amp would be something to consider with them too

@OnyxSlam do you plan on or have an amp?

1 Like

All great choices.

I think I understand what that post earlier mentioned low bass. I think. So low bass = heavy bass. I donā€™t know. I watched the video he linked which I think I have to watch again and understand highs lows roll off.

Criteria: <$500 & more bass that the 58x.

Then the nighthawks, x00, 770 250 ohm, and triple drivers meet that criteria well

Also by low bass I think they mean well extending bass, as in deep bass

1 Like

I think the Nighthawk Carbon would be really great then. You would probably really like them. No amp needed for them. But if you are getting an amp, the DT770 250 ohm would be good too.
And the 1More Triple Driver.

V shaped also means recessed mids and bumped up treble if you just want bass quantity maybe the DT 177x go or fostex purple hearts

Thatā€™s kinda why I was thinking nighthawks because itā€™s really a W shape so it would keep some of the midrange and avoid sounding lacking in the range

1 Like

Do you really like them so much?
Iā€™ve heard them recently and found them to be quite unorthodox.

You might like it, but I wouldnā€™t give it as a recommendation now, itā€™s just too special in my opinion.
Also too small for my skull :older_man: :pleading_face:

I mean they are pretty unique as you say, very enjoyable and entertaining once you get used to the signature. Personally I havenā€™t really met many who donā€™t enjoy it after owning it for a while. It can be strange on first listen tho, you just have to get used to the signature

They remind me a little of my Bowers & Wilkins P7ā€™s, sometimes I give me the kick with them, but they are too colored for me for a longer listening Session in different genres.

Sorry I wasnā€™t able to respond to anything. For some reason I had to wait several hours before I could post again.

My amp is a NuForce Icon DAC AMP. I just connect it to my PC. I got it at the same time I got the 58x. From what Iā€™ve read, there are better stuff out there, but itā€™s what I got and Iā€™m not planning to get anything else.

I read through the nighthawk thread. It looks like some of you have posted on that thread. It looks a little weird. I donā€™t understand the whole gang and one of us chants. I was put off by some of it.

I looked that PII. That guy posted a lot of reviews of different headphones so I have to give that some thought. I agree with him with the 58x.

Lol sorry about the whole gang thing, just messing around

You should be fine with most headphones, but something like the 4xx might not be ideal off of it

1 Like

I think this might be what Iā€™m looking for. It turns out it folds. How ironic is that? I feel like I bashed foldable, portable style headphones and here I am, really thinking about exactly what you first mentioned.

1 Like

This is literally just a fun little inside joke to the forum. Most people that get them are usually blown away by them. They are extremely lightweight, and Iā€™d consider them a portable headphone. A $700 headphone down to $250 or lower, itā€™s quite a steal. Iā€™d still consider them for the type of sound youā€™re looking for.

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate that explanation. When you put it that way, it provides me a lot more context.

1 Like