šŸ”¶ Verum One MK2

They would be closer to something like a monoprice larger planar (but more refined) or an audeze lcd. Pretty nice headphone for the price

1 Like

My eyes are getting bigger than my wallet ah!

1 Like

Just finished the Verum One(old version) short review. I compared the OG pads and the perforated pads in the video, so maybe it can be useful for someone that is interested.
Bass and soundstage are what I care the most about a headphone, so thatā€™s hard for me to choose which ones are betterā€¦
7 Likes

:eyes:

10charlimitlololol

WELL HELL, you couldnā€™t post this 2 weeks ago before I bought some HE560s? Sheesh! Welps, fun money portion of the tax return will be spent on this or the Mofasest Trio. I can only imagine what else is going to magically pop up to alter future buying decisions.

1 Like

Just going to say properly powered I prefer the he560v1 over the og verums lol

1 Like

Also that looks mighty interesting, I wonder how it sounds

Hi guys,

I did miss this update, I didnā€™t like much the old Verum, but this revision is very good looking, Iā€™m thinking of buy one pair.

Just a quick question: is it complicated to remove the grids? I think that a black or a very dark grey color would be nice, they could be painted in 5 minutes.

So they may appear easy to drive, and they can be somewhat run off of a phone, but a powerful amp is something to look into, as the low impedance puts lots of stress on most headphone amps because they are not designed to handle such a low load. What amp do you have now?

1 Like

You actually might be just fine, should have enough to power the verums. Down the line, I think getting something like the Asgard 3 or magni heresy would be a worthwhile buy, but the receiver would most likely get the job done

1 Like

I mean the magni heresy should get the job done, is that around 150ā‚¬? If you can I think the Asgard 3 would be pretty great too, so that would be like 250ā‚¬ without the dac chip?

1 Like

verum one or argons?

1 Like

Hmmmm, I personally prefer the verum 1s, but if you wanted something somewhat closed the argonā€™s arenā€™t a bad choice

1 Like

which one has better bass?

The argons have more bass quantity, but I think the verum has better bass quality (and you can just eq the verum for more bass if needed if you have a good amp)

that makes the choice even tougherā€¦ :thinking:

I found that even with EQ the Verum1 bass always lacked OOMPH. It was there and it was clean but I never could get the punch I wanted out of them.

Even using a decent amp? The bass could hit hard with the right music for me.

@Jared_S if you want to prioritize bass over everything else I would say the argons might be what you want. If you wanted a higher tier of bass imo perhaps check to see if you can get an x00 purpleheart (but I would argue the x00 is the higher tier of headphone overall imo)

I keep seeing these headphones hanging on the walls of prominent audio reviewers. Are these dark headphones?

Not really imo