šŸ”¶ Verum One MK2

Using a THX 788, has built in EQ that you can push a ton of low end with. Just never felt like it had much impact to me.

1 Like

I think planar drivers donā€™t have as good slam as dynamic drivers. At least in open planar headphones. Argons are the exception.

Pretty accurate, most planar focus on speed, detail and layering, extension and linearity. It can sometimes still give punch but not really as much as something like a biodynamic. At times planar bass can be somewhat interesting as itā€™s there but itā€™s not what you usually expect

1 Like

Also having magnets on both sides of the diaphragm limits the amount of excursion the driver can do. I wonder if having a magnet structure on one side could fix that.

Typically from my experience dual sided magnet structures improve bass impact, control, and linearity/extension, so if you want good bass you want dual sided magnet, they can slam. An issue with single sided magnet structures is at higher volume in subbass regions the driver can more easily loose control and distort or slam into the side of the magnet structure.

Having a thicker diaphragm also increases bass performance as well as itā€™s able to slam harder too

1 Like

A lot of the cheaper ones do have single sided magnets, the 4xx does. Itā€™s ok at short bass hits but sustained bass becomes a bitā€¦ vague?

1 Like

Ah ok. Just to note Iā€™ve was able to get my argons drivers to rattle on certain tracks so thats why I thought single sided would help but thatā€™s obviously not the case. Looks like im sticking to bio driver headphones

Yeah there is only so much you can squeeze out of the smaller t50 driver, if you really want bass you have to go biodyna or a really bassy planar with lots of power like an he6 with a higher end speaker amp imo

Is the Lcd2c dual sided?

Yes, I think so. The headphones like the mx4 or lcd4z are the single sided audeze. I also think the lcd1 has single sided as well

1 Like

Lol, here I am enjoying every second of oh-so-smooth bass and sub-bass I can get from my T50RPs + Shure 840 pads and telling myself itā€™s unbelievable even 2 months later, and somehow people say this is not enough?

Oh well :stuck_out_tongue:

I personally prefer the asgard 3 over the sp200 or any thx for that matter imo.

Thatā€™s not really true if you have higher end headphones. It really depends on what you can get at this price range for what to go with. Personally I would just say stick with the asgard 3 with the verums as they arenā€™t that amp picky and just want quality power imo

3 Likes

How old? Having the pads wear out will affect the sound, but they do have a point where they are worn in and are just right

1 Like

If you want to send a picture sure, it does sound like it could use a pad change though lol

1 Like

aaah! yourā€™e making it even harder :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It just seems that a lot of reviewers have either argons or verum1ā€™s. The purple hearts are way better in other aspects and just not bass? How about vokyl erupts?

btw, I use thx 789 and the darkvoiceā€¦

The erupts were not great when I tried them, I canā€™t recommend those imo.

So what exactly do you want form the headphones again? Like what are your priorities besides bass

1 Like

The Emu Teak are also pretty good with bass but have overall a more refined sound as well. If you can find a pair for a good price theyā€™re solid.

I currently have the 6xx,meze 99, blon b20, and neumann ndh20. I am looking for something to compliment them.

Is a hifiman edition xx out of budget?

noā€¦do you think thatā€™s the next upgrade path?How about the LCD 2C?