šŸ”¶ Verum One MK2

are you sure a change of cable can significantly transform the sound?

In order of changes least to greatest effect imo. Cables and power supplies, dacs, amps, pads, headphone itself.

Wouldnā€™t say a change of cable will -significantly change a headphones sound but it can help depending on the headphone

1 Like

What pads are those?

Iā€™m also very interested to know where you got these pads?

Looking great. If I ever get one of these, I want em in ā€œcarbonā€ too.

hi!
iā€™m surprised you havenā€™t taken the plungeā€¦
are you fearful in quebecā€¦?

Haha, not at all. I just have a lot of other stuff to buy right now.

One day, one day. :grin:

Just bought Verum 1 couple of days ago (super exited)
iā€™m thinking about buying the ifi zen can but im not sure if thats the best amp for the verum 1 as they are 8ohms.
does anyone have any expirience with the zen can and verum ones together?

4 Likes

hi all
i just bought velours pads and the sound shows a certain dullness especially in the treble which have recession.what could i use to keep this balance rather dull but with more treble please?
thanks

How are you? Do you know how long it takes to send them? I placed the order on February 18 and still donā€™t know anything about shipping. The wait will be long.

I placed my order long ago as well. Eventually the payment company actually sent me a refund. They said my order was cancelled.

I tried contacting them as well as the Verum maker, and neither explained why it was cancelled yet.

I asked the guy behind the Verum headphones if something happened, and that I was still
Interested, but I havenā€™t heard back.

1 Like

Thank you for answering, I donā€™t know at the moment he has not told me anything, I have a friend who asked for them a month before me and they arrived last week, he sent them a month, I do not know if he is overflowing with orders or that. Letā€™s see if in a week or two he sends them ā€¦

After having these for a while, these are my rough thoughts. They sound really nice, especially for the INSANE price. I would describe them as detailed and slightly bright leaning [thought they can womp the bass when needed]. I pair them with a Jotunheim 2 and think they sound great. Overall, one of the better ā€œsecretā€ deals in the audiophile world. Not for everyone with the ā€œdramaā€ going on, but if you look past all the noise, this is a quality product for a VERY fair price, IMO.

3 Likes

By the way, Verum just contacted me back to clarify what happened with the payment agency.

It turns out there was confusion and lots of things lost in translation with them. I had originally asked them to help me contact Verum - since I was originally having trouble figuring out if my order was actually received by him and if it was still being fufilled - and if we failed to contact him, then I would of course request a cancellation and refund.

However, after reaching him using his contact email some time after, I tried telling the payment group that all was good and not to cancel.

Surprise surprise, weeks later after this event, they send me an email all of a sudden saying I was getting my refund and cancellation. I contacted them asking what had happened (since they never got back to me to confirm the cancellation or anything before), and no word.

I emailed Verum. He got back to me as I mentioned at the start of this post. He asked me what had happened and I tried to clarify.

Iā€™ve since proceeded to place another order.

Trust me guys, he has your orderā€¦donā€™t contact the payment group to ask them anything, theyā€™ll just mess it up :roll_eyes:

Just be patient. Heā€™s working hard. He might need to have his payment confirmation and notification system updated to give customers peace of mind is all. But heā€™s working on it.

I placed another order immediately for the Boobinga and hope to get mine someday haha. I just hope I have my old place in the queue, but understand if I lost my spot :smile:

I just feel bad if I made his life a little bit harder. I know heā€™s trying to recover already from all the bad press from his internet behavior - but I think heā€™s really trying to recover from that and I think we can see what he said as silly old-school internet humor. Anyone old enough to see the old internet? You know, Newgrounds and just about every forum/websiteā€™s comment section? Back when anonymous trash talking and unfeeling garbage was spewed just about everywhere?

I think heā€™s learning the hard way just how much internet culture has changed - for the better in my opinion - but it has indeed changed and we all have to learn how to be better digital citizens or get rejected from the group. Whether people agree with how critics and others reacted to his internet talk or not, heā€™s clearly not continuing what he was doing that started the bad press.

For those people who are critics of him, isnā€™t allowing room for change and forgiveness a necessary part of encouraging good behaviors in the first place in society?

Anywayā€¦Iā€™m rambling. Apologies. I just want to give him a chance after heā€™s working so hard and dealing with all the repercussions - and heā€™s genuinely ceasing that old talk in public, which was the problem in the first place and heā€™s fixing it.

6 Likes

Is on full display over on SBAF, for those interested:

Obviously we only see the part where heā€™s had enough, not the naggingā€¦ :man_shrugging: just a thought.

NO amount of nagging can justify that response. If it gets that bad, just block them.
Or if it drives you that nuts, get out of the sales business. Not everyone should be dealing with people for a living.

4 Likes

Look at the dates though.
Is it really nagging when contacting again after 22 days of no response?

That is also not the only case of Garuspik behaving like that.

Ah, oops. Sorry, I did not look at the link. You said ā€œnaggingā€ and I expected it meant worse than that.

In a world where everyone is suddenly offended by everything (and being offended suddenly makes em automagically ā€œrightā€, even when they deserve to be offended), letā€™s just say I like to see things like that:

Anyway, back to audioā€¦

1 Like

Good morning, have any of you asked for the verum since February 18 and has it already been sent to you? I made the order on the 18th and I still donā€™t know anything, I have written to him but he always sends a predetermined response that he is a craftsman and so on. It is the only thing that would improve your website, that you do not have any information. While to make the wait lighter, I have ordered a sennheiser HD600 that will arrive next week.