Videogame Music Thread

speaking of metal, Thunder Force IV

Crash 1 and 2 Soundtracks (PS1) are both amazing. Wish I could have them in my music folder.

I havenā€™t heard another game soundtrack as good as these 2.

Iā€™m quite fond of Splatoon 2ā€™s soundtrack. The game itself is fun, but the music I feel really rounds things out for a pleasant experience.

Hereā€™s a few of my favorites from Celeste. Anyone else playing the new DLC? I had to quit playing for today due to excessive hand pain lol.

My favorite from the DLC:

And a couple others

I find the lack of Ar Tonelico music in this thread disturbing.

EXEC_METEMPSYCHOSIS/., EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/., EXEC_SPHILIA/., EXEC_RIG=VEDA/., METHOD_REPLEKIA/., and whole bunch moreā€¦

Thanks. This song, with a fake/invented language, also reminded me of this masterpiece (yeah, not videogame music but I had to share it).

https://www.beatport.com/track/air-for-life-airwave-mix/228446

Has anybody mentioned the Fallout games? I have never played the game, but the music is amazing. The OSTs by Inon Zur are very atmospheric and help me concentrate when doing tasks on the computer, and the radio stations in the game have a lot of old vinyl sounding recordings of music from the 1930s-50s that are really good. I have included some samples below.

You can listen to the OSTs on Spotify if you prefer that as well. Just search Inon Zur in artists.

1 Like

Hey is there another source for the track? beatport, explainsā€™ the content is unavailable in my region, and then kindly redirect meā€¦ lol

For which one? If you want to listen to them on Spotify here are the links:
Galaxy News Radio

Fallout 3 OST

Fallout 4 OST

Here are some different links for YouTube. They may also work better if you use a computer or more powerful device. Not sure what the sound quality is though.

Fallout 3 Galaxy News Radio

Couldnā€™t find a different video for Fallout 3 OST.

Here is a playlist for Fallout 4 OST plus some extras.

If none of those links work Iā€™m not sure what will.

1 Like

Lol, oops.

Singing starts @ 3:20

1 Like

Oops myself. I guess I responded incorrectly. I thought that question was directed at me. Sorry!

1 Like

I did Chapter 9 soon after it came out. Not pleasant.

Itā€™s quite okay, you efforts appreciated!

1 Like

Thanks man, having a listen to it at this moment.

Awesome Game, fun soundtrack. Surprising amount of vocal tracks. =)

Control has a great bass heavy soundtrack. Recommend lossless if you can get it. There are some real gems in here.

Hi, I am new here and I wanted to share some of my favorite ost. I actually primarily listen to VGM and sometime classical while trying to avoid anything with vocals (itā€™s a complicated story, just know I have trouble to enjoy songs with vocals).

Letā€™s start with the Octopath traveler ost: one that I found the most impressive of 2018 as it has a very diverse orchestra and very very good use of instruments primarily the flute. My favorites pieces are ā€œThey who govern reasonsā€, ā€œA settlement in the red bluffsā€, ā€œdeterminationā€, ā€œBeneath the surfaceā€, etcā€¦ Thereā€™s too much to list!

The SSBM (super smash bros melee) ost is an old classic and one that is very nostalgic to me for many reasons. Extremely diverse and some of the most consistently good VGM out there. My favorite is Menu 1 because it only lasts 50 seconds and yet, I could listen to this one for hours.

My favorite ost also happens to be my favorite game in general: Paper Mario: the thousand-year door or TTYD for short. This ost has a particular style that suits me perfectly with its simple notes and arrangement, yet the songs gets REALLY far in mood. Pretty much any piece in it I like it in someway, you might as well seek at a random part in the video and enjoy :slight_smile:

I have plenty others, but I just wanted to share my 3 favorites for now.

1 Like

I canā€™t believe no one mentioned Zelda music. It is my all time favorite OST. Basically any of their games has a wonderful soundtrack. I enjoy Ocarina of Time probably the most due to Nostalgia.

1 Like

I love this gameā€™s soundtrack, the atmosphere, the tone and the grim feel accurately depicts this game overall for me. Vampyrā€™s Soundtrack needs more love.

Oot has some hits especially gerudo valley and song of storms.

But then I look at majoraā€™s mask and oh godā€¦ that ost is IMPRESSIVE because thereā€™s a lot of songs that gets deep in mood.

Final hours, song of healing, observatory, stone tower temple (the real version has this wind and it sounds so good with good soundstage).

Thereā€™s plenty of other zelda ost I love like wind waker, but majoraā€™s mask is a special one

1 Like