What are you currently saving for?

Looks nice, wonder what some of the changes were from the mk1

A true TOTL headphone, probably LCD-5. Could take a while, especially if i cantā€™t help myself trying out less expensive stuff in the meantimeā€¦

This doesnā€™t list everything but Andy Kong addresses some of the features:

somebody commented ā€œfinally, they fixed the volume control.ā€ as an upside but somebody else said ā€œThe only dreadfull thing are the 22DE4 tubes. No new production available and NOS is really hard to find in germany.
I wish the Rectifiers would be changed to 274B.ā€

Looks pretty similar but better volume pot, otherwise not that many changes from what they have said, but perhaps better components or slightly refined design

yep no details on pricing but I would expect a bump in msrp + shipping just like everything. I think the current ones are going for $4k.

1 Like

So much want right now. Biggest want is AIC-10, but most likely to actualy buy are going to be a few dacs and a ddc to play with most likely. Biggest question is just going to be if Iā€™m going to be willing to deal with something full size or if I need to try a bunch of random small shit with no reviews

Edit: I also forgot about my unreasonable want for a releaf E3 current drive amp

2 Likes

This if it comes out in the spring with the new chip shortage.

5 Likes

Pretty happy with my current headphones and portable-options, but feel like I need to break into the desktop-amp/tube-amp game.

1 Like

Cutting corners & going cheap, but still have to save:

Fluance RT85

Project VC-E

Emotiva XPS-1

Emotiva ERC-4

One at a time.

A decent 4k projector and an OLED.

I have a bunch of stuff coming in the mail this week, so I am planning on pausing on headphones and IEMs for a while, and enjoying the new toys for a bit ( KZ CRN, Tin T3+, HD58x ).

I am trying to assess what I actually want for my next IEM. My current favorites are the Timeless and Mele, and I am leaning toward either the Mangird Tea or Tanchjim Oxygen as my next purchase.

Several things.

I need to need to finish my Ph.D., which will take a couple dozen bucks in fees. But this also means Iā€™ll have to spend a couple of weeks, if not months, mostly just reading and writing.

In the shorter term and less importantly, though in a way more looking forward to it ā€” a new GPU, perhaps a platform upgrade. But this itch will perhaps go away once I finish this 2018 RPG Iā€™m playing now (Kingdom Come: Deliverance) and go back to playing NWN1: EE modules and some older games from my backlog on Steam (as far as 2013 perhaps).

Iā€™d also like to take a trip to South-East Asia, because Iā€™ve never been there. Or Africa perhaps. Or the Caribbean. I need a more distant holiday to reset and destress.

Right now Iā€™m close enough to #1 to also want to delay #2, #3 and other things until Iā€™m done with the Ph.D. The holiday will be next unless a good GPU bargain pops up (Iā€™ve decided not to take my chances next time thereā€™s a good decrease but stop gambling on it and just buy something already). Once thatā€™s off the list, I might start saving for Ananda.

1 Like

I am working on some Steam backlog too ā€¦ playing Spritfarer right now, and might wrap up the last DLC from FrostPunk when I finish that.

Good luck on the Ph.D. That is a lot of work. I used to be a Computer Science Instructor about a decade ago.

1 Like

Endgame center channel speaker.

2 Likes

I guess it might make sense to update here saying that I found a good price on a MYSPHERE 3.1 and I bought it and itā€™s easily my favorite-sounding headphone that I own. Still saving up for that PowerPlant thoughā€¦

2 Likes

Property

10 char. min

1 Like

A houseā€¦though that may prove a fruitless endeavor at my age.
So, in the meantime, Stax L700 + SRM 400S.

A DAC. Probably a used one- Bel Canto 2.5, Ayre QB9DSD, Auralis Vega, and Merason Frerot

1 Like

mmmā€¦ Grado Hemp and / or GW100 v2 and a lot of balanced cables for my headphones.

plus long term desire for HD600 and a good OTL. fir them.

Qb9 twenty has been pretty interesting to me for a while nowā€¦just a shame impression seem so hard to come by