What are you currently saving for?

Rotel CD11 Tribute first.

Geshelli Labs J2 next.

Project VCE next

Fluance RT85 & Emotiva DRS1 next

Then a nice headphone.

1 Like

Yeah for what those cost used are probably out of my price range- I did read somewhere that one guy did not like his dsd to 20 upgrade because it lost some of its smoothness/richness. Based on the fact it started as a Burr Brown with the OG then switched to Sabre, it sounds like clarity and detail was the goal with the next iteration. A review I found comparing them the guy said the twenty was better than the dsd, but you donā€™t know what you donā€™t know as he thought it couldnā€™t get better than the DSD version. Depending what youā€™re after, sounds like the DSD version would be the sweet spot for me

1 Like

Quicksilver Headphone Amp
-I would have bought it months ago, but my ā€œlocalā€ Hi-Fi store says that Quicksilver has their transformers on backorder until this late January! So hopefully by the paycheck, I will finally have what I want.

A record cleaning machine. Iā€™m not exactly sure which one to go with, but I know I need one.

2 Likes

Well since I fucked up this recent month, I will have to save up again for an another fucking RAM, for I did not read clearly that I will only receive a single stick of RAM of 32GB instead of 2x16GB. I was supposed to save up for a 1TB 970 EVO Plus and the Tin HiFi T3 Plus but those are pretty much gone for now, therefore I will have to get an another 32GB stick of that RAM, since I cannot live and tolerate only using a single stick for my rig.

A fuck up that makes me save up more, what an idea.

1 Like

Iā€™m kind of all over the map. I thought I wanted a new DAC, but I think that is more a longer-range goal. I seem to be closing in on the transducers. As much as I love these Triangle BR02 speakers, I would love to move up to a speaker that has a 6-inch driver. The enclosure canā€™t be much bigger than the BR02, so that limits my options somewhat.

If not speakers, one more headphone would be cool. I would like to add a planar to the collection but Iā€™m not sure which way to go. Iā€™m leaning towards the Arya.

1 Like