What are you drinking tonight?

I wanted to start this as a thread as we gentlemen of (hopefully) good taste in music, also tend to have good taste in other aspects of our lives. I’m getting into a whiskey kick and trying out different types. I am currently enjoying some Crown Royal XO and I picked up some Western Reserve Rye Whiskey for my Dad’s wife’s retirement party this weekend. 5th barrel, 29’th bottle for her five kids (or five grand kids at retirement) and 29 years as a teacher at her current school. Has a bee on the bottle and she’s got a couple hives as a budding hobby for retirement lol.

So, what are you drinking tonight?

1 Like

On a Monday night? Water.

5 Likes

I just had some Arizona tea

1 Like

Figured you might be celebrating that new badge next to your name!

Lol. Naw. Ask me on a Friday night though and I usually have a generous pour of Maker’s Mark.

2 Likes

Never been a big fan of whiskey though a fine scotch every now and then is alright. my current favorite rum, Kraken Caribbean black spiced rum, sounds pretty good for me tonight

I’m also a sucker for a good IPA or stout. Dogfishhead 90-minute or Bell’s Two-Hearted for the former as examples (several others too) or Deschutes Obsidian as an example stout.

2 Likes

Currently two fingers of Lagavulin 16 year old with three ice cubes. And about to light up a cigar with it.

2 Likes

A cup of tea and a sausage sandwich here :yum:

2 Likes

club soda, strait up.

1 Like

Was water all day, but a can of Dr. Pepper with some boneless wings for dinner.

Sazerac has been my go-to lately.

1 Like

Just a sip of Gruner Veltliner and zweigelt from small Austrian producer. Just to test how those develop over couple of days.

Red wine, casual Wednesday.

1 Like

As a kid, one of the, no THE worst hangover of my life was caused by whiskey. I drank every whiskey bottle in a miniature collection I had, split between myself and a friend about ten bottle each. I’ve had an aversion to anything whiskey ever since.

My drink of choice today is Mezcal.

:beers:

3 Likes

Just some Milo for this evening after running out of Iced tea for me to drink. Also, I avoid alcoholic drinks as much as possible for I am never a fan of those, but that is just me.

Water
10 char min

1 Like

I’ve never had Mezcal, and I did a stupid with vodka once, back to back mini-pitchers for 5$ until sick at the bar, still can’t drink vodka without the shiver after a decade lol.

I have the kiddo tonight so no tasty sips for me.

2 Likes

Mezcal is a tequila but instead of using regular agave, they start with agave roasted in wood/coals.

1 Like