What are you drinking tonight?

New Orleans thanks you!

Meanwhile, we just made Cointreau Margaritas with hand-squeezed lime juice because it’s Sahara hot here (complete with Saharan dust).

1 Like

Dalmore 12 year… not my fav but I wanted something different… happy Canada day folks. Cheers

4 Likes

Not Canadian, but here’s my solidarity beverage with my friends up north :beers:

(also I just like Crown Royal)

3 Likes

They aren’t bad. Personally, I enjoy to take a jump across the pond over to Ireland and Scotland.

1 Like

Crown is a tasty beverage :tumbler_glass: cheers

2 Likes

I do enjoy most forms of whisk(e)y. My personal favorite is bourbon, but tonight that would have meant doing the work of opening a new bottle :stuck_out_tongue:

In a forum-appropriate analogy, I like bourbon because it has more bass. Irish whiskey has rich mids. Scotch has a brighter signature.

My work here is done…

3 Likes

after my brother died, I bought every type of Glen Livet there was…well, but for that super crazy expensive one, it was hundreds of thousands…and also the ‘oldest’ bottle of Scotch in the world. I do have a 21 that was $300…still haven’t opened it though. wife didn’t realize how much some of those cost me and drank them like she did wine…when I discovered, wow, did I feel the numbnut, LoL!

Sorry for your loss.

Good that your wife has the same taste in Scotch as you.

You’ve all given me some things to look for on my next pop-in at the liquor store!

Last night’s drinks with the family, pretty good, really liked the Proper 12. It was nice and smooth.

2 Likes

As long as it is not hi-fi juice…That shit is shockingly bad for you…

Had a pour of my favorite, Balcones single malt. Fantastic stuff. Barrel, smoke (kind of a different type than most would be used to, I believe it’s mesquite), savory and sweet at the same time. Makes me wish I lived closer to them so I’d get a chance to try more of what they’re doing in Texas. But then I’d have to live in Texas, and I sober up.

3 Likes

Still drinking my iced tea in the middle of the rainy night alone while talking with a friend in Discord. It is all chill overall.

1 Like

Subscribing to this thread.

Also, Sangria.

2 Likes

Bar hopping tonight, night out with the wife and taking in some cocktails at some converted, covid-regulation, compliant outdoor dining.

Spot 1

Spot 2

potentially last spot

6 Likes

Some fun looking cocktails there! What’s the one on the right of spot 2 first pic?

Cigar Box

I think it was a charred cinnamon stick on the side. It had a nice smokey taste.

1 Like

Not really breaking into them at this moment, but wanted to post the Michter’s because I’ve been looking for it for months now and finally was able to snatch one up this morning.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Last night…

4 Likes

First, not my prettiest pour ever. But I’m tired and am ready for the weekend to begin. This is a fine double IPA from South County brewing in PA, USA. This is slightly sweet and citrus heavy. I am guessing lactose is added on this one.

1 Like