What are you watching (movies / tv) thread

I thought there was one…but I can’t seem to find it. if there is, oops.

2 Likes

lol.
I watched the same series and today. :crazy_face:

yeh I might have to binge watch s1 so I’m up on all the nuances for s2.

I think this is about the same

1 Like

So post there for recommendation and here for stuff still watching and not recommending.

We need a ruling.

I think “what did you watch today” covers both and is more established.

Great, gonna ask if anybody watchin raised by wolves and lovecraft.

I haven’t watched them yet…but they’re in my que.

And…

Watched raised by wolves, not sure i recommend it yet, but tuning in for the rest of the first season.

not sure you’d recommend it? what’s caused the hesitation?

Not sure what kind of show all of you are looking for, but one that comes to mind is “After Life”. It is a Netflix show written and directed by Ricky Gervais.

I enjoyed the two seasons that are currently out, and connected with a lot of the characters, but especially the main character’s depression, anger, and dark humor as he processes losing his wife. Despite the heavier premise, it’s a meaningfully balanced show and there are just enough heartwarming moments, thoughtful one-liners, humorous interactions, and lighthearted chemistry between the show’s oddball characters.

Each season has six episodes, and each episode runs until the 30 minutes mark or so. So not as big of a time commitment as some other shows. Easy 8/9 out of 10 for me.

Looks scifi channel chessy.

“The vow” documentary HBO. Im signed on for more ep.

Currently watching seasons of Star Wars, The Clone Wars animation.

Was it any good?..

it was SUPREMELY corny and died an early death cause it couldn’t get speed.

I laughed a lot every episode. :smiley:

1 Like

I liked the android part of it a lot, they really nailed the “uncanny valley” with the kind of strange but almost-there behaviors they gave their androids, not as comical as many of Lt. Data’s behaviors, not as boringly realistic as some other androids in recent sci-fi shows. The big downside is Travis Fimmel, who is giving off those Ragnar vibes again, and pretty much redoing some Ragnar scenes from Vikings (that I really didn’t need to see again; can’t give too many details because this forum doesn’t have font colors so I can hide the spoilers). But the android scenes are all weird and intriguing and make me want to see more.

On my end, currently watching Fate/Stay Night after finishing and loving Fate/Zero. Also watching the new season of Fargo, which is… a bit too complicated vs. previous seasons but kinda still has the same general style. Not disappointed so far, just not as excited as in S1 and S3.

1 Like

I gave up after the fourth episode… simply couldn’t bring myself to finish it. It’s a pity the budget they had.

On another show that I think I will watch which doesn’t seem to be up my alley but the trailer is so good. The story is not something we haven’t seen a half dozen times but the acting looks like it’s a cut above and not the cheezy route some manga can go.

now that ST Discovery has started up again…watching it.

also watching a 4 part series from mid-2000’s with Patric Stewart in it called Eleventh Hour.

I’m also trying shows called Departure, Bio Hackers and NeXt 2020.

Eleventh Hour is almost painfully slow. I don’t mind slow…but this is almost ridiculous in it’s tortoise pace. also have to say PS’ acting is not up to snuff…but I suspect that’s more editing / style they were going for.