What are you watching (movies / tv) thread

Me too. I’m intrigued with the new season so far. Very curious how they’re going to handle star trek 900 years further into the future.

I’m not sure how I feel about streaming platforms doing an episode per week release like broadcast TV either. Pros and cons but I think the binge format has spoiled me :grinning:

1 Like

indeed on the 900 years in the future bit, since no Star Trek has really covered anything like that. well, Enterprise sorta kinda had it with that dude coming back in time to prevent the destruction of earth by vagrants from the future…but there is so little to go on, and I think it was even further into the future than 900 years, that it doesn’t really count.

Yeah, I think Discovery was right to do something like going way into the future. From the show’s announcement several years ago I wondered why they would run a prequel series. They introduce characters we’ve never heard of in the ST universe and the canon universe is already pretty well written in stone. How do you tell interesting and consequential stories with characters whose names (outside of Pike and Spock) don’t show up later? They narratively handicapped themselves if the show ever went a typical ST 7 seasons. Now they can blaze a new trail and have dealt with why we don’t know many of the characters’ names yet.

indeed…and their influence on canon disappears because they erased themselves from history when they went into the future. not completely erased…but all the weird stuff that wouldn’t fit in because of conflicts at the very end disappeared, because it was not recorded by anyone but them.

I honestly hope they don’t do a feel good ending where they do get back to their timeline though…keep em in the future. it opens a whole new line to explore / hash out.

Looks pretty insane, in that typically Japanese style. :slight_smile: Gives off some Survive Style 5+ (2004) vibes too. Prolly gonna watch it if they make it available.

STD I ain’t touching unless I run out of everything else and reach the bottom of the barrel. Gave it my attention for 1 season and 2-3 more episodes, then I was done. I couldn’t stand all the characters’ “I’m so cool” attitudes and all the conversations made of snappy replies and one-liners (not to mention the lack of exploration of planets and civilizations :slight_smile: ). Waiting for the next The Orville season, sadly I don’t think it’s coming this year.

“Queens gambit” the hangover for chess geeks. Lol

1 Like

The “crown” production, cinematography historical, score, drama, pretty good this season. Two in a row. im a real queen.

1 Like

Currently watching Zero Fucks Given by Kevin Hart.

1 Like

“The Vast of night” amazon original. 8.5/10

Elysium 4k bluray. 8.5/10

“Cherry” Apple+ 8/10 interesting has a good surround scene.

1988They_Live_poster300

images

51HCTC48C8L

They Live is great. I still can’t believe that one fight scene went on for over 6 min.

1 Like

I am about to finish binging NOS4A2, season two. AMC ran all ten episodes this week. It will be a little disappointing knowing that it has been cancelled. I bet they left the ending open hoping for a renewal.

That plot description sounds like Mad Max meats H.P. Lovecraft staring Duke Nukem. I’ll have to watch this.

1 Like

Zack snyders Justice league 6/10.

Kong vs godzilla hbomax 9/10. Sounds agressive lots of music score in the back and atmos ch. Buying the bluray.

2 Likes

Could not agree enough. Really fun kaiju/monster movie. Human characters weren’t annoying! HBO Max finally allowing true Dolby surround sound (via Xbox One). I’m running a 7.2 setup along with a Dayton Audio bass shaker mounted under my couch. The whole house was rattling for two hours, it was tremendous fun!

1 Like
2 Likes

John williams live in vienna 9/10

1 Like