What are your favorite covers?

I wonder if they labeled it ‘Nine Inch Nails - Hurt’, if anybody would know the song she is covering.

1 Like
1 Like

Pretty cool cover of Metallica - Master of Puppets

Tom Waits - Clap Hands cover by italian band Quintorigo

This dropped yesterday, and holy sh!t. I’ve been following this Norwegian blue grass band obsessively now for a few years and think she’s become my favorite singer of her generation. The timbre and tone…I want to bathe in it.

3 Likes

Heavy metal cover of Shostakovich’s 10th symphony, mvmt. 2

In most videos I can find on YouTube, she’s shrill and trying too hard to sound special, like so many “talent show stars” below a certain age. But here, maybe by working with professionals, she got just controlled enough to make it stick to my brain. This one’s going right into my favorite covers folder:
Mad World - Tears For Fears (stripped-down version ft. Koda Corvette)

Just a good music! Do with it what you will.

1 Like

A Russian, Chicago cover band?

Oof, so sweet sounding, she’s like a combination of Birdy’s timbre and Billie Marten’s tenderness. Have to look for more of her stuff.

Dancing Queen - ABBA (stripped cover ft. Lizzy McAlpine)

Is it still a cover if you’ve remade Rob Scallon’s song but then you also got Rob Scallon in on performing it with you?

Here’s Mary Spender’s take on “Amy’s Song”:

2 Likes

I love everything about this :grin: :star_struck: :ok_hand:

1 Like

So there was a bootleg copy of Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder doing Neil Young’s Needle and the Damage Done as a duet at a Pearl Jam show in the early 00s (I believe the metadata on the copy I had listed 04 as the year, but I’m not sure). I lost this recording somewhere along in my transition back to Windows from Apple/Mac after college and I haven’t been able to find it ANYWHERE since. It maybe my favorite cover ever and even if it’s not, it’s certainly up there. If any of you guys have run across it and happen to have it or know where it can be found I’d owe you big time for pointing me in the right direction.

I did quick search and came up with this. Not exactly what you were lookin for, but close!

1 Like
1 Like