What are your go to music for sleeping?

Well I did one time slept due to Lamb of God, and I was playing their Ashes of the Wake album. To be honest that was the time that I need to stay awake for I was doing something important but ended falling asleep even with Lamb of God playing xD.

I usually fall asleep whenever I listen to the Spaceplan OST (Bandcamp) or the Quake OST (I promise the forum I linked is safe and the download host seems fine as well) at night. Spaceplan is a chill bassy electronic soundtrack which makes sense for sleep, but quake is a strange unsettling ambient soundtrack. I guess it’s the bass, repetition, and droning sounds that knock me out.

iirc so called Binaural beats and Isochronic tones are a thing, depending on the waves you’re using to induce yourself with. Binaural beats with Delta waves through listening, makes me sleep surprisingly well and I am not sure about it for the others but it works for me so far.

When I have a problem falling asleep I just put on some George Winston on my Amazon echo and set a 2 hr timer… Next thing I know it is time to get up and at it…

I have a fan running in the background. Any kind of music would keep me awake. I have a hard enough time shutting my brain down without the added distraction of music. It’s why I have thought I am slightly on the spectrum, ever since learning it exists. At times I don’t think my brain operates like a “normal” persons does.

Its not supposed to… That is why you joined us, to be amongst the brain damaged !! LOL!!

May not be up to everyone’s taste, but this is my knock out music for when I need to sleep fast

1 Like

kinda off brand for me but I used to use reinaa spektor’s begin to hope album before I discovere sleep aids

1 Like

My recent preferences for falling asleep are Sunn O))), specifically the Black One album, starting with:

Or Parade Into Centuries by Nightfall

1 Like

interesting choices there for sleeping

I avoid vocals and stick to instrumental.
Can recommend Marconi Union “weightless” as studies show it can reduce anxiety levels.
It was actually written in collaboration with sound therapists.

yeah kind of agree there, I find instrumentals only much effective to put you to sleep. If only Only Time by Enya has an instrumental version, that could help me put to sleep.

Should do it…

1 Like

This has been my favorite for a while now.

Here is my playlist. I also use generally relaxing music or ASMR.

:bed::sleeping::zzz:…

i usually listen relax music like River Flows in You

Like you, I enjoy ambient sounds for sleep. When it comes to music, my top picks include Erik Satie’s “Gymnopédie No.1” and Claude Debussy’s “Clair de Lune”. Their slow tempo and gentle soundscapes make them perfect for winding down. For something different, Brian Eno’s “Music for Airports” creates a calming environment. I also have a personal favorite, much like your “Champagne Supernova”: “Holocene” by Bon Iver, which has the right tranquil melody to help me ‘let go’.

1 Like

I tried all kinds of albums to fall asleep to. Couldn’t get along with anything until I came across Chad Lawson.

He has a podcast called ‘Calm It Down’. I haven’t listened to it yet, but his albums sure work for me after trying everything else I came across that was recommended for bedtime.