What are your IEM highs of the (2020) 😬?

1 Reecho & Peacock Spring 1…an unexpected but truly entertaining set, absolutely no complaints for the :dollar:
2 S/H OG Andro…Sometimes nothing else will do.
3 Z1R…Hand on :heart: endgame, I longer lust after other sets, inquisitive yes but more focused on source’s.

An all-round amazing year for IEM tech with the MEST and it’s bone conductor tech and ChiFi bringing even more sonic value…bring on 2021 IEM wise :+1:

5 Likes
  1. LZ A7, waited for this the longest (1 year, since the A6) and had the highest expectations and it surpassed everything I expected from it.

2. Tanchjim Oxygen, very unexpected gem.

3. Fiio FH3, unexpected gem.

4 Likes

I think I owe it myself to listen to the FH3 :thinking: just to compare it to FH7?

1 Like

hmmm, maybe? But it might be redundant for you.

1 Like

Is there ever a redundant perspective?.. I truly hope not…other set’s musical take on of my library…always open to that 100%.

2 Likes

well for me the Moondrop KXXS, Blessing 2 and the Tanchjim Hana are all redundant when you got the Oxygen.

1 Like

Samsung galaxy buds +. Takes well to eq. And has replaced any iem for work due to the easy access controls due to touch controls and the listen through feature is great I use it for when I’m talking to people at work.

3 Likes

Kbear TRI i3
BQEYZ Spring 2

No real 3rd yet - but I do have to say I greatly enjoy listening to the Hifiman RE-800 silver.

2 Likes

Really upped the IEM game this year, coming from stuff like Klipsch S4A, Tin T2, Blon BL03, and KZ ZS10 Pros. Top 3 are Jomo Trinity SS, Jomo Quatre, and Nguyen Custom Bella V2.

5 Likes

Jomo Trinity Brass for me. Yin to my Yang :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Mine was the Sony MDR EX800ST. I think one of the best single Dynamic Driver IEM implementations. I managed to nab mine for $220. Really happy with them. I personally think the best value IEM for near top end quality for cheap. The HA-FDX1 is probably a good alternative though.

4 Likes

Well, I’ll put it this way, the FH3 will probably surprise you especially in the frequency range of the mids.

For my part, I don’t see the price difference to the FH7 really justified.

In the in-ear segment, the FH3 is certainly a surprise this year.

Together with the Reecho Peacock Spring and the Thieaudio Clearvoyance these are my three faforits.

4 Likes

Started off with the Guideray’s then went Shozy form 1.1 and Ikko oh-1 to Blon Bl-03 and A&K Billie Jeans as well as Fiio FH3s… Finally made the serious jump to Campfire Andromeda 2020s… Done Finito !!.. The Andro’s just hit that spot for me… Not saying no but quite happy with all of my IEMs…
Still have them all and still enjoy them for the sound and range that each bring… I can run each single ended, Balanced or wireless… Kind of covers the bases I feel… Wired I use my Schiit Asgard 3 or my Meier audio Corda Jazz… Balanced I can use my Fiio BTR3K as well as wireless Fiio Utws1

5 Likes

I thought these were pretty good…
BLON 03 (I think I got them in 2020)
YBF
Legacy 3

Until these showed up…
QKZ VK4 :loud_sound: :loud_sound: :loud_sound: (BASS)
FH3 :hugs:

2 Likes

I’m glad you had a great experience w/ your Andros. Awesome pair!

1 Like

I’m glad someone else enjoys that set, well worth it’s asking :moneybag: :+1:

3 Likes

A friend of mine picked it over the L3 so It is a nice piece of kit for sure.

2 Likes

Who are You telling this to :pensive:,

call me addicted :drooling_face: :laughing:

10 Likes

my best IEM wen talking to my friends (just because it brakes my heart to tell them, they wasted 500 Euros on my IEM):
Campfire Polaris 2020 - very fitting name I may add (In my town Polaris is the company who collect and dispose the garbage)
the IEM that I usually use:
Tin T2

4 Likes

Not really an IEM but a portable source, the Lotoo Paw S1 has been a very pleasant surprise for me. It’s good enough that I don’t think I’m going to be looking at buying a DAP for a long time (maybe never). It also pushed me over the line to finally spend money on upgrading my IEMs so I have the JVC HA FDX1 coming next week. Hoping that will be a high point to end the year on!

5 Likes