What are your IEM highs of the (2020) šŸ˜¬?

Moondrop S8
8 BA drivers could be a bit much, but they proved me wrong. I was hooked from the first song and they only rise in my respect and likening, the more I try other IEMā€™s.
For the casual, no-brainer, relaxing IEM use these are the IEM for me. I just relax with the music and get so much enjoyment out of them. To top them I have to reach for my ZMF cans :star_struck:

5 Likes

Iem noob and my highs of 2020 areā€¦

1. Isn H40
    ( Wow! I love these. Still want more and punchier bass! But this satisfies a lot. Very good isolation)

2. Blon 01
    (What a bargain!)

3. Shuoer tape pro
    (Rollercoaster ride of emotion. Now I like them but I wanted to sell. They are not very fatiguing unless I have the volume up and the mids start shouting. I use them when Iā€™m walking around town and donā€™t want fatigue while listening for many hours)

The H40 may have released the dragon. Searching for more highs but the H40 already sound so good. But the dragon awaits the chase and there is plenty of time in 2021ā€¦ :cold_sweat:

4 Likes
  1. Unique Melody MEST
  2. BGVP DM8
  3. Tanchjim Oxygen
5 Likes

Iā€™m intrigued by the DM8ā€¦ What do you like better on the DM8 vs. Oxygen ?

1 Like

They are different animals, I do not have clear preference. O2 is great in the package it is. Metal, light and comfy
DM8 is 8BA, more resolving.

2 Likes

Thieaudio Clairvoyance

So impressed with it, the Monarch is set to arrive next week.

7 Likes
  1. Legacy 3
  2. Fearless S8F
  3. Blon 03

I like all my iems and just ordered custom Clairvoyance so letā€™s see how this end up.

3 Likes
  1. Gold Planar GL20
  2. Shuoer Tape Pro

But am a novice in the world of IEM - but going from full-size headphones to the GL20 was great! I have been looking for something to use at my desk for everything from VOIP to Music over Gaming.

2 Likes

Jvc Ha-fdx1 for me, the sound sig is great along with great technical abilities! They are my first step out of chifi and also taught me that IEMs could legit compete with more expensive headphones. Everything is good and enjoyable about these, only downside would maybe be hollow lower mids

4 Likes
  1. UM MEST
  2. LZ A7
  3. NF Audio NM2+
1 Like

Really hope if Canjam UK 2021 happens (still have tickets rolled over from the plague last years) I can get listen to the VE Elysium as well as maybe the MESTā€¦that would be cool :+1:

1 Like
  1. Kinera Nanna / Thieaudio Legacy 4
  2. Fiio FH3 / Reecho x Peacock Spring 1
    I could take any one of these and probably be done, but they all bring a special something that just makes the music pop in a special way.
3 Likes

Moondrop Starfield, Jade Audio EA1, ISN H40 and the Fiio FH3 which I just got a few days ago and Iā€™m hoping donā€™t bump the H40 off their top spot.

2 Likes

Looking over this thread I see I havenā€™t posted my gets of the year. The rise of Japan-fi for me. Been really impressed with the EX800st and the FDX1. Looking forward to trying the Final A4000 to complete a Japan trifecta.

3 Likes

FDX1 gang! Love those things.

2 Likes
  1. Penon Volt

2. IER-Z1R

3. iBasso IT07

(4 & 5. MEST and DUNU SA6)

3 Likes
  1. Kbear Believe, absolutely great, even when compared to way more expensive iems.

2. Tri i3, they need a good amp and some well mastered music, but the tuning is just so good.

3. Blon bl 01, with a good source they feel like 90% of the starfields sound for 1/5 of the price.

3 Likes

Iā€™m slowly finding it harder and harder to convince people who are new to the audiophile in-ear world to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars when simple ā€œentry-levelā€ in-ears are of such quality.

Iā€™m just listening to Muddy Waters: My captain

My Captain

Everything happens ā€œoutsideā€ my head, no feeling of tight or annoying intensity ā€œinā€ my skull.

Apart from the initial small problems with the fit (these Tripowin TC-01s are really small),

which I was able to solve with a ā€œwasherā€ in front of the tips,

this in-ear is just good and, frankly, more fun than some Highly praised Thieaudio in the 700 - 800 ā‚¬ range.
These upper end models may sound ā€œtechnicallyā€ more precise, possibly even cleaner, but the question I keep asking myself with these plugs is:

Do they also pick me up personally?

The TC-01 do this without any question marks :exclamation:

I leave the detailed ā€œdisassemblyā€ of these plugs to the professionals here,

My judgment is; Tonally and emotionally, they catch you :star_struck: :+1:

10 Likes

Generally the blessing 2 dusk are the iems that made me use iems on the desktop over headphones, loving them lots exceeded expectations tbh ngl.

2 Likes

My LZ A7 have been a godsend.

Havenā€™t wanted to listen to anything else, having fun just changing tuning tips and listening to the differences.

4 Likes