What are your IEM highs of the (2020) šŸ˜¬?

Itā€™s still 2020 right?

6 Likes

Iā€™m frugal:

1. Shozy 1.4
  2. Shuoer Tape
  3. Blon 01

(Waiting for Mangird Tea).

3 Likes

Thereā€™s only really been two for this past year, so:

1. Moondrop Starfield
  2. Shuoer Tape Pro

Starfields I wholeheartedly love because of their comfort and balanced sound. The Tape Proā€™s are god-tier on some music and ohgodmyears on other music. I had to stop listening to Blauwgeel by All Shall Be Well with the Tape Pro, it just hurt my ears.

Ia this better than YBF-ISS014? Larger soundstage, meatier bass, clearer sound?

Doesnt have a beryllium DD, so I doubt it has better bass.

I just looked at your profile and the posts it contained.

I believe that I can read from this that your main search for IEMs should be a pronounced bass, a large stage and a relatively clear representation of the remaining tonal areas.

In view of my modest experience with one or two ChiFi headphones, I would like to recommend the IKKO OH-10 to you.

Because, according to what I was able to read in all your posts, it probably best suits your requirements.

If you donā€™t like the Fiio FH-3 at all, you wonā€™t really like the Urbanfun or the Tripowin.
They both have their qualities and both are absolutely to be recommended in their own way, I wouldnā€™t call any better or worse, but they are definitely not earphones for bass heads, and if you donā€™t like the Fiio, then these two are most likely not your thing.

As you can see, I have all the IEMs I mentioned myself, and a few more.

Not entirely unimportant when evaluating IEMs in particular is how they are wired, which tips are used and ultimately also how they are powered.

For this reason, out of ten different reviews, there are often 8 differing assessments of one and the same product.

Even I rate one or the other headphone or in-ear differently for myself, depending on the criteria listed above.

The synergy of the individual components is particularly important in the audiophile area when it comes to the final assessment of the sound quality.

In view of my own experience, I advise you to rely on your own hearing and to tune all the components of YOUR SOUND CHAIN ā€‹ā€‹for yourself.

11 Likes

Great photos!

New here, new to IEM. I like a robust bottom end, in my music, but dont call my wife thatā€¦ although I like some sparkle, but not too much like the cheap KZā€™sā€¦ interested in the communities thoughts on FH3 vs cheaper options TC01 or BL03 or YBF.

1 Like

This is what I can say to you if you are really in a budget, when in doubt, BLON BL03s. Just replace the ear tips and the cable of those bad boys and I swear you are going in sublime in no time for a I own a pair of myself. Just a very fun set of IEMs, itā€™s a bit similar to the T2s tuning which I also love but this one is fun like all-around music enjoyment while the Tin T2s are the same but more on the chill and relaxing side.

If I were you I would get 2 pairs, just in case IEMs like that have gone extinct and you will be one of the lucky ones to possess such a rare item in case that happens.

how much difference between FH3 and EA1, Im not finding much on EA1, suprised it doesnt have a hype train , Be driver at 30-40 bucks!!!

I mean, FH3 kills 03 and YBF for bass and a way more exciting, popping sound. Itā€™s a more enclosed sound, though. Havenā€™t heard TC01, but Iā€™d take YBF over 03 any day. YBF is the one to beat at that price, IMO. Also, YBF is the best for gaming here.

A shame their (urbanfun) reputation is as bad as it isā€¦

sorry to add on other thoughtsā€¦ since technology is similarā€¦ is FD1 or EA1 any good. This community seems to love FD5 and FH3. If the driver is similar or same in EA1 to FD5 Im not sure how this isnt in the conversation as a BL03 or YBF killer at $30 USD.

1 Like

Do keep in mind that just because the drivers are similar, it doesnt mean they will be similar in the sound. The tuning is the most important factor.

true, not much info or reviews on the EA1 out there, any graphs or thoughts?

No comment, havent researched them much nor have I heard them.

I just think of them as another fish in the big ocean of iems lol.

Although I did read that the EA1 and the FD1 are identical except for their accessories. But not sure, and I have also seen that some people that have multiple pairs of the FD1 have reported them sounding different. Maybe qc isnt good. Who knowsā€¦

EA1 is DEFINITELY not another iem. EA1 can stand toe to toe with Moondrop KXXS and Starfield. Slightly different tuning but has just as much charm and identity as either of those sets.

It DOES NOT sound like a $30 iem in any way.

1 Like

FD1 and EA1 are both worth a shot, as equally as YBF(zero issues with mine) :slight_smile: Have not heard the prior 2. FH3 was my 1st FiiO, then FD5. I was actually thinking about it a lot today - I really wish there was a YBF upgrade. Iā€™d snag that so hard.

Doing research on these now, are the Oxygenā€™s really that good?

Wow thatā€™s truly saying something. These are one of my two endgame sets Iā€™m aiming for within the next year, do they handle stuff like Jazz and Classical very well?

1 Like