What are your most Underrated or underappreciated IEMs?

It’s a bit unfair to compare a hybrid, tribrid and DD that are not in the same price range. I hear good things about OH5, despite the graphics! One thing is certain, the timbre and coherence will be in favor of the OH5, but the soundstage and images…EJ 07m! It would be good to hear more reviews about the OH5, because the brand seems to be underrated to me as well. :octopus:

1 Like

I have said that the Oh5 could be the best sub600 but I have yet to try the ej07m. A dynamic driver can perfectly compete with those tri-hybrids. The ej07m is 150€ more expensive.
There are more variables in the final sound like cavity, driver materials…even the cable used.

1 Like

Maybe, but FR on OH5 doesn’t look very good to me! I have 07m, the problem with them is the fit. Technically, a DD can outperform a tribrid!

1 Like

Other option for you. Try Raptgo Hook…its a beast.

3 Likes

Midrange & treble are not very clean, especially being a planar.

Hook X is an easy & expansive listen with good bass authority. It sounds more like a full-size headphone.

My 2 cents :3

4 Likes

I found in the a - B tests against the Timeless that the Raptgo has a wider midrange and the treble is somewhat softer. Cleanliness I did not find to be any less.

I have heard the full spectrum when it comes to the OH5. Some people absolutely love it, and some people have said it’s overpriced and just doesn’t sound good, full stop.

It seems to be a polarizing set to say the least.

2 Likes

Same here. It actually makes me really curious to hear it. In the past when I have tried IEMs or headphones with this kind of polarizing effect that when they do click with me I tend to really like them a lot. I have also found some of my more unique IEMs this way. It’s definitely a gamble though because just as often I land on the side if those that really dislike them.

It’s also a gamble considering they’re 500 big ones. If it was sub $100, I’d probably considering throwing my feather in the hat, but that price tag leaves it at a table with some stiff competition. I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts on it, for sure.

Yeah, I haven’t been able to convince myself to buy it so far, but if none of the three single DDs I’m about to have face-off convince me that they’re my best sub-$1k single DD for me then the OH5 will be the next one in that category heading my way.

1 Like

Definitely looking forward to this shoot out - it should be an interesting one to say the least.

2 Likes

Oh I’ve been revisiting my Audeze Euclid. These hardly ever get talked about and I think they are still one of the best closed back planar IEMs out there.

1 Like

Stax, anyone…? :thinking: My first thought would be BGVP DM8, although I didn’t end up keeping it.

The mentionable budget IEMs I have actually kept so far, ~ranked(for the purpose of music), are:

1. KZ ZAS (a big step above the other 2)
  2. QKZ VK4
  3. UrbanFun YBF

Sony MH755’s. 10$. Hard to find non-fake ones, though.

A little sub-bass boost, inoffensive treble, great mids for the price, and not lacking detail. Very natural sound to my ears.

You can get it from the SBH24-54 lineup. 100% that you get a real one.

1 Like

I bought em twice. Cable broke so the second time I bought em MMCX modded here:

1 Like

the ER series from Etymotic. they’re been around for some time so get forgotten against the new and flashy. if you stop a moment and breathe you will learn why they are still around…they’re really good and have only gotten better as they’ve had revisions and updates over the years.

In a world of well known and most spoke of planars, that also cost more, the P1 Max. Coming in much cheaper and in my opinion reigns supreme over all of them.

5 Likes

Urbanfun Ybf14.
beryllium driver. 20-40,000 Hz response.
I compare it with the Ikko oh10 (€170) and honestly I notice more bass, more full-bodied midrange, more dynamism…