What are your other hobbies?

does manga count??? lmao

4 Likes

Lots of science fiction, (thatā€™s how I learned english). Lots of history (interesting to see how humankind repeats the same stupid mistakes), but read basically anything that I find. Also love movies and tv shows (I have thousands, all original DVD and Blu-ray). Fishing (live in an island). Travelling and lots of other stuff. I work six months in the summer 7 days, 12 hours a day. But I am off the full six months off season so I have lots of timeā€¦

4 Likes

Lifting, swimming, American football, movies/TV, coffee, beer, bourbon. I get paid for my other interests (physics and teaching).

1 Like

Lol yeah I mentioned reading. I like studying history and reading mythology, philosophy, as well as novels.

I read financial books, or used to alot. Now I read what catches my attention, and programming.

I also mess with micro controllers etc. I have a lot of hobbies really, I normally rotate them. I get have in to flying RC then I wonā€™t for like a year.

Disc golf is something I do pretty constantly. The 9year old is a sponsored player so I try to make sure he goes out to practice a few times a week, weather permitting.

Also played table games Warhammer 40k, infinity and other one that slips my mind.

Also owned a car audio and performance shop, so I do that for fun now, and a few close customers.

Basically if itā€™s mechanical it interest me

1 Like

Thatā€™s not a hobby. Itā€™s a full time, unpaid, thankless job.

3 Likes

100% agreed, but also I enjoy having fun doing it.

1 Like

I spend my time with the following:

• Tech Enthusiast (including but not limited to computers, networking and lab gear)
  • crafting in various forms (mostly wood and metal)
  • photography
  • I am dabbling in digital drawing from time to time
  • Micro controllers and Microcontrollers, obviously includes soldering
2 Likes

Sooo much science fiction, years agoā€¦Dragonlance and Star Wars for 20+ years. Tolkien, James Paterson, and there was a guy that wrote a ton of alternate history stuff, lastly all the Zombie, and Apocalyptic novels i could get my hands on. A tiny bit of engineering to help with car stereo installs, and lots of self taught hands on skills like woodworking, home repair stuff etcā€¦Never considered those hobbies, thatā€™s just personal growth and peaceful enjoyment.

2 Likes

Homeschooling made me read a lot of good books.

2 Likes

Guitar
Jamming with the band
Composing (Wish I would have more time to dive into Orchestral / OST type composing)
Gaming
Movies (Which makes me think, I need to start looking into my Home Theater Audio Setupā€¦ lol)

1 Like

Iā€™m more of a hentai aficionado myself but you know the saying, Potato, 2D Potato.

Oh Also Games, playing Skyrim atm, finally got it to stop crashing from all the mods (Mostly Stuff that makes it harder like 5X damage for more realistic combat and stuff).

4 Likes

Yes, the work and chores are a bitch!

1 Like

Yeah, parenting takes up a lot of time too haha

3 Likes

Listening to music, watching movies, and playing games.

I like your view of fatherhood :+1: :family_man_boy_boy: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

That changed over the years, from soccer , tennis and motorsport in youth.

Towards yoga :person_in_lotus_position:ā€ā™‚ combined with music, jogging combined with music, cooking combined with music, sunbathing combined with music, and cozy social evenings combined with music, now at a more mature age. :sunglasses: :wink:

1 Like

There is an excellent post apocalyptic trilogy that I read a few years ago. Itā€™s called Silo. Highly recommended. I personally started with Asimov and Arthur C. Clark in the 80ā€™s and then lots of different stuff. Specially space opera.

3 Likes

So being British and a petrol head I guess you loved Topgear. I loved it. What do you think of the Grand Tour?. A bit if a disappointment for meā€¦

Actually, I have long been out of the topic and also not a big TV junky.

But some episodes were fun:

I only drove Renauld 5 Cup myself at a young age for about 4 years.

Expensive hobby if you are only mediocre and therefore get only a few sponsors.

The whole thing looked something like this:

1 Like