What are your other hobbies?

Flip, may I PM you about some networking questions? I also have Ubiquiti and would like to hardwire my house with its access points.

Not a problem, hit me up.

Gaming
Photography
Collecting Hot Toys

3 Likes

Model trains. Choo-choo!

Used to drink a lot. Is that a hobby lol?

5 Likes

Cool…you need to do model hillbilly still on an outback track :+1:

1 Like

I build custom mechanical keyboards.

11 Likes

PC-based sim racing would be my primary other hobby. Just offline against the AI though. I kind of get more enjoyment out of simply driving the various cars than I do out of the competition aspect of racing.

1 Like

I do a bit of “simracing” offline too, as the competition gets in the way of driving the car :stuck_out_tongue: Not particularly fast though… Automobilista2 and the various “formula classic/retro” cars are my current go-to sim at the moment. Love the sensation of speed Automobilista 2 gives in VR, and it runs smoothly on my rather old i7-3770k/1070gtx gaming box…

Anybody follow F1?

I really want to get back into microscopy, being I can’t do much in the way of astronomy here. got a line on a late model American Optical Series 10 trinocular plan-achro with phase contrast for about $750 CAD.

What do you do with that microscope? Do you take pictures or just look at things?

One of my other hobbies is DJing. That’s a dark/industrial techno set.

I look at things…expand my knowledge and world.

and I want to do something called stereo photography, where I use all three optical paths and create photo’s that look 3D.

2 Likes

What sort of things do you look at?

Oh, another person with seldom used astronomy gear. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have a 10” Dob and three refractors that I haven’t used in probably close to a decade. The only exception being the 2017 eclipse when I set up one of the refractors with a solar filter.

well…I can’t use them because where I live is perennially raining or just cloud covered. so I will turn to something I can do indoors.

plus my grandkids are being homeschooled, so I can ejumicate them while I explore the micro-verse!

1 Like

@A_Jedi This is my first season watching the races as they happen. Was recommended some highlights on Youtube over the spring/summer and got into it. Who’s your fav team/driver?

But I also like smoking, watching interesting stuff on youtube, documentaries, gaming, football (yes, its football, not soccer. american handegg thing is a different sport :smiley: ), long walks

3 Likes

It varies. Usually I root for whoever isn’t winning because F1 goes through phases of dominant teams and that can make things boring. Probably my favorite driver is Alonso. Mainly because he ended Ferrari and Schumacher’s dominance in the 2000s. I really wish Mercedes would get rid of Bottas and put a better driver in there - he’s not even close to Lewis so it’s a runaway championship.

1 Like

Ya not much of a Mercedes fan they win too much lol. My fav drivers are Max and Daniel. It’s hard to root for a team since it seems drivers swap frequently. Really interested to see how Racing Point does next year with Aston joining.

Ferrari at least made it interesting the past few years. Too bad they were cheating and still failed lol. That team is a mess. Has been during most of its history.