What audio companies are known for their BF specials?

as the subject asks, are there any audio companies that are known for their BF specials?

I’m in need of a DAC and Amp and plan on getting the Atom and KTB.

however, I have seen a wicked special on the KEF LS50’s. up here, they’ve gone on sale for $898.00 CAD. that’s blooming unbelievable being they were $2000 when they first came out and at this price, I dare say it’s unlikely there’s anything to beat them either.

1 Like

They are awesome speakers. I love mine, and I paid $1300 earlier this year. I am seeing similar pricing as you here in the States and I’m wishing I had waited. Keep in mind you may want to add a sub and/or need a proper speaker amp, so that $898 is just the starting point of the spending potentially

2 Likes

I would really go for it at this price, it’s hard to pass up imo

I’m flippin broke. if someone wants to loan me the monies…I’ll let you hold my Kanto YU6 and SUB8 as deposit! :wink:

keep in mind, that’s CAD…so if you’re US, that’s about $675 USD.

I’ve picked up a few Sennheiser headphones for great prices around Black Friday. The 598cs were $109.99 CAD on Amazon.ca three years ago. I love them and use them as my daily drivers!

Edit: Only reason I’m in this thread is because I saw “Kanto” mentioned by OP :grin:

2 Likes

Your welcome to be in more threads don’t be shy :smiley:

1 Like

what does Kanto have planned for Black Friday specials?

JDS Labs usually has some sales on Black Friday.

1 Like

yeh…found their 2018 specials. alas, it didn’t include the Atom, only their Element and the OL DAC, oddly enough.

Given that the Atom was essentially just introduced at this time last year it’s not a surprise there were no discounts last year. This year I’d say Atom discounts are possible, while the Element 2 won’t be discounted at all IMO.

1 Like

Everything except TUK will be on sale. Might as well leak it here haha

4 Likes

guessing these prices are in USD? same promo’s in Canada?

1 Like

Here’s CAD pricing

2 Likes

thanks for that. a question about the Syd. it says it’s designed for aptX. what is its compatibility / performance for Apple’s AAC?

According to JDS Labs

"Hi Dante,

Atom Amp will not be discounted this year either. We plan to focus on the B-Stock category instead. Thanks for checking!"

1 Like

well…let’s hope there’s some B stock Atom amps then, LoL!

since I plan on getting the KTB and have OCD and want them to match, I’m gonna make custom cases, so B stock is just fine by me.

2 Likes

This isn’t a brand, but sweetwater.com always has great sales and 36 to 48 month financing on a huge amount of brands.

1 Like

ZMF has opened up their B-stock sale:

1 Like

Welp, y’all can now stop telling me to try a zmf lol because I just picked up a verite

2 Likes

I’m desperately trying to talk myself out of buying an Aeolus or Auteur… even though it means scrapping any other headphone buying plans.