What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Def curious your thoughts, I’ve been debating this or the Kennerton for some time

1 Like

Hahahahaha…those are cute… :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh buddy I finally got myself a pair of JBL Studio 530s for $279 new!

13 Likes

Excuse you?!?! Is this a Schiit joke?

@M0N care to comment?

I can dig the pageantry, nice braided cable with gold banana plug accents. Pushup bra for cables. Got one , sculpted anime speaker stands. All on top of a riser, think dedicated home theater layout in reverse.

Youre welcome.

2 Likes

I mean I don’t know what I should be commenting on

1 Like

@Marzipan claim of your “poop audio booster”

I’m fully aware that this is probably just a joke I don’t get, but I’m far too curious at this point.

I mean I’m not too sure either lol, a google search for “poop audio booster” doesn’t really yield any favorable results either lol

5 Likes

Congratulations! Looks great. I understand this is a different kind of DAC. Need to read up on it to understand more.

I’m pretty stoked, my SMSL SU-8 DAC arrived today. Now the stack is complete. The SU-8 is feeding the DA-8S amp. I only have a few hours with them so far, but wow. I know, not near the level of stuff some of y’all are rockin, but for a desktop this little stack is pretty awesome! Can’t wait to get some play time with the DAC and learn what it can really do.

5 Likes

I see people talking about 1K+ dacs and 1K+ headphones all day and I’m here with a 100$ dac (SMSL Sanskrit 10th), 100$ amp (JDS Atom) and 100$ headphones (Fostex T50RPs, did my own mods) and… I’m good.

Of course, there’s always curiosity. But if you don’t feel like you need more? :man_shrugging:
If you enjoy what you have, it’s all that counts: :headphones: :grin:

9 Likes

Apple Earpods I found on the sidewalk and Samsung S9 here. Woop!

:rofl:

Yeah, it’s all down to enjoyment, not dick waving. :+1:

Got custom UM Mest on a godlike Amp/DAC combo, awesome.

Got Blon 03s on your old Sansa Clip+, awesome.

(for real tho, Earpods are pretty sweet for something comfy to throw on. My ears have been hurting lately and they’re about the only things I can stand for more than 30mins)

3 Likes

I also love my KZ AS06s on my old phone. The 10$ Sony MH750’s (more bass) or MH755’s (less bass) are excellent. Like… as inexpensive as they are impressive.

1 Like

haha :smiley: you can spend tens of thousands on cables if you would like :smiley:

I just thought my new Kef LS50 Meta`s deserve something better than 25 dollar aliexpress speaker cables :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve got MH755s coming in… whenever~

Whenever they do come in, I’ll check for authenticity and then get to MMCX modding.

From your comment, just ordered MH750s, and whenever~ they’d come in too.

2 Likes

After absolutely spamming the forum for a couple of days (sorry 'bout that) I have decided on the ThieAudio Legacy 4. Just ordered it from Linsoul with the AZLA Xelestac tips (MS+MM+ML) and I threw in a pair of Blon BL-03’s because they were on sale and because I have a problem :upside_down_face: .

5 Likes

I love my Fiio M11, but it needed an upgrade sound-wise, so after some searching, I ended up with the Cayin N6ii with the E02 Dac/Amp module. The E02 bc it has the sound I like out of of the 4 modules available and it has a 4.4 pentacon plug.
I like the 4.4 a lot over the 2.5, so I ordered it 2 days ago from Cayin (only store who sell it with just the module you want) and was expecting it in 1-2 weeks. (Hong Kong to Denmark).

But yesterday I got a text from DHL and early this morning this bad boy arrived:

It is amazing, the sound is close to my desk set-up and a clear upgrade over the M11.
:yum: :heart_eyes: :smiley:

18 Likes

Nice! I really enjoyed that combo of N6ii with E02 prior to upgrading to the P6 Pro. Enjoy!

1 Like

I’ve been saving my pizza protectors

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at What did you buy today? (Part 2).