What did you buy today? (Part 1)

that’s some pretty next level chinese to english to have another acronym inside an acronym

8 Likes

Did you ever receive your Tuba? Any comments?

1 Like

THAT looks nice :+1: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have enjoyed my Saga. Hope you do too!

1 Like

This came in the mail today…

13 Likes

My thoughts on it are a bit scattered around the forum, but I’ve had it since the 21st of January. Here’s a couple posts I made about it. The second post is a reply to someone that thinks tube amps are old and obsolete tech.

“…I liked the RNHP. It was an upgrade from the atom, in every way. But the magnitude of that difference is amplified untold amounts going from that to the Tuba. Judging off my aeolus only, as I haven’t used my other headphones or iems yet… I’d say the soundstage is wider, the music more natural sounding, as close to life-like as I’ve ever heard it, and just incredibly pleasant. Gives me chills. I don’t think I can really articulate the difference this has made in my audio setup. I can’t recommend it enough. The wait was worth it”

7 Likes

Thanks for replying, I was wonder what your impressions ended up being.

That’s great to hear that you enjoy it so much. It’s nice when a smaller company produces a great product at a reasonable price. Plus, it’s made in the U.S.A., and I really like that.

3 Likes

I have a Tuba as well.

I like it, the sound signature is different and it stages better but it’s not a dramatic jump from the ZDT Jr.
I could live with either, I’d take the tuba by preference.
I’ll write some real impressions when I get a chance.

5 Likes

Nice. Thank you.

This tube pre has no right to be that cute for 30$. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Just arrived today. Because of the clear shells of the iems, it took me a minute to find where the hell to plug the cable into. Just started listening

13 Likes

Finally time to dip my toe into the R2R pool.

16 Likes

Nice. That’s a solid dac. :+1:t4:

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve heard. It’s also the first ASR Headless Pink panther product I’ve ever bought. Lol

At the least it’s a relatively inexpensive way to try an R2R dac

7 Likes

Well numbers never lie… smh (ASR…). :roll_eyes:

Enjoy! :grin:

5 Likes

That dac ruined anything basic for me. If you want something mind blowing… listen to Kenny Loggins Danger Zone… It sounds so close to vinyl I I was horrified at my last decade of listening to audio.

3 Likes

Bought literally my end game earbuds or should be. these are custom made to order from thailand really want so see what thai fi is up to

9 Likes

hmm, the tuba sounds like a great buy. 650$ and can be used on planars. i’m really curious about it

Kinda but not really. If you wanted something more suited to planar in that price range the liquid platinum is a better pick imo. The tuba is more suited towards dynamic

3 Likes

@flotsammy looking forward to hearing your impressions, that unit looks like a great all around piece. Congratulations!

2 Likes