What did you buy today? (Part 1)

I have a Tuba as well.

I like it, the sound signature is different and it stages better but it’s not a dramatic jump from the ZDT Jr.
I could live with either, I’d take the tuba by preference.
I’ll write some real impressions when I get a chance.

5 Likes

Nice. Thank you.

This tube pre has no right to be that cute for 30$. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Just arrived today. Because of the clear shells of the iems, it took me a minute to find where the hell to plug the cable into. Just started listening

13 Likes

Finally time to dip my toe into the R2R pool.

16 Likes

Nice. That’s a solid dac. :+1:t4:

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve heard. It’s also the first ASR Headless Pink panther product I’ve ever bought. Lol

At the least it’s a relatively inexpensive way to try an R2R dac

7 Likes

Well numbers never lie… smh (ASR…). :roll_eyes:

Enjoy! :grin:

5 Likes

That dac ruined anything basic for me. If you want something mind blowing… listen to Kenny Loggins Danger Zone… It sounds so close to vinyl I I was horrified at my last decade of listening to audio.

3 Likes

Bought literally my end game earbuds or should be. these are custom made to order from thailand really want so see what thai fi is up to

9 Likes

hmm, the tuba sounds like a great buy. 650$ and can be used on planars. i’m really curious about it

Kinda but not really. If you wanted something more suited to planar in that price range the liquid platinum is a better pick imo. The tuba is more suited towards dynamic

3 Likes

@flotsammy looking forward to hearing your impressions, that unit looks like a great all around piece. Congratulations!

2 Likes

Ohh @Andrew_Davis i’m so jealous and want to know what you think of it once you have had time to try it out on a few pieces… very nice and congrats!

2 Likes

Copying this here… about the FX Audio Tube-03 I got yesterday.
Edit: Look at the reply.

1 Like

It’s biggest selling feature, to me at least, is the ability to play nice with low impedance headphones. Much like Mapletree Audio, that is their niche.

I spoke to a couple of Mapletree owners who weren’t overly impressed. I asked them what they were using and they listed several headphones. NONE were low impedance?

From what I have read, these are Grado amps that can also drive the HD600’s pretty well. But there are probably lots of amps that will make the HD600’s and above perform much better.

There are a decent amount of tube amps that have low impedance outs at different price points, I think the overall performance for the price is what I think is stand out about the tuba, it’s got a unique sound

If all your headphones had at least a 200 Ohm impedance, would you buy or recommend this amp?

I still would yes, but I think that would also open you to many more options for tube amps that might meet a better price point or have a different sound

Fair enough.