What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Breaking them in now. The directions actually state these headphones require 100-200 hours of burn-in not to mention the felt needs days to open up and breathe, so I’m not sure what I’m ultimately in for. They are very detailed and very fast. They sound quite clinical. I’d have to say they sound more similar to the Elex than the Elegia does. They are very light for a planar and are extremely comfortable. I love the all black-sleek carbon fiber look.

The box was completely bare-bones. The headset was in the black bag that comes with the headset. The metal cup holders were slightly bent towards the cups so the cups could not rotate. It was easy to bend them into proper shape but this was pretty upsetting. One pad had been kinda crushed on a corner while in the box as well.

The cable is actually pretty nice. It’s very light, (I’m used to heavier cables) and there are no micro phonics when moving the cable around with the headset on your head.

5 Likes

Here we go again xD

2 Likes

got blon 03s coming soon lmao

3 Likes

Didnt you buy one of these already?

I bought the power amp and was gonna buy some preamp for it. Since preamps were so expensive decided to just get the SA3 :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh right on… any thoughts? It’s been on my radar awhile

Just bought a pair of Sony MDR EX800ST for $207.19 off of ebay. Pretty excited as I have been looking for an IEM upgrade for a while. Hope they live up to the reviews I read.

Will be a while until I get them though as they’re shipping from Japan.

EDIT: Added link here for those interested - https://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-INNER-EAR-MONITOR-MDR-EX800ST-Headphones-Free-shipping-Tracking-number-NEW/264057289209

2 Likes

I really liked them, pretty great iems :+1:

1 Like

Yeah I had to stop myself from saying I need to just save more and get the MDR-EX1000. From what I’ve read, it doesn’t seem worth it at more than twice the price unless you have a lot of really well-recorded music and I’ve read the metal/paint seems to chip after a while. Maybe in the future, but for pricepoint and enjoyment, the EX800ST seemed a better fit. Besides I could use the money for a headphone purchase later this year. :smiley:

Ah I had the 800 and upgraded to the 1000, it was worth imo. I wish I still had them actually

Man is that a ZMF stand? Nice!

With just the poweramp (and volume control via dac) the sound really seems more balanced and “musical” than my previous Marantz PM6006. The 6006 felt bit boosted on top or even V shaped. Seemed the highs were more forward. PA3 seems more natural, less fatiguing with long listening. I like it more than the Marantz. Well see how the Klipsch RP600Ms will react to the Iotavx full stack which gives them 100W per channel :smiley:

Sounds pretty appealing to me… glad you’re liking it :+1:… not sure what I’m doing with my stereo setup but I’m itching to change something as it’s not quite right yet

This or a denon maybe… unfamiliar with the denon sound though (@M0N ?? Lol)

I think I got the revision :man_shrugging: the thinnest part of the pad is pretty narrow

10 Likes

That’s good then, that also looks like the nicer strap (I think they changed the strap?), curious on your thoughts if them :+1:

1 Like

where did you order from?

Batting .500 with amazon.ca isn’t bad I guess… I’ll let em burn in a bit then have a nice long session with them

Amazon canada

3 Likes

Thanks, yes, indeed it is ZMF.

3 Likes

It was a good day - ice cube

16 Likes

It really bothers me how they left the volume nob such a bright silver instead of matching it with the grey on the sides. That’s literally the only reason I bought it in classic silver.