What did you buy today? (Part 1)

The 6pro is pretty powerful. I haven’t taken it off low gain. Used zmf and sennheisers. Not the most power hungry cans but not bad. I’ll try the aeon 2 closed tonight.

2 Likes

This is so nice. You give me a heart, I give you a heart. Everybody is nice… :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Absolutely. Isn’t that what this is all about? Enjoying the hobby and others involved? :facepunch:

3 Likes

My B-Day present to me arrived today… :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Interesting. I wonder how similar/different you’ll find these, compared to your HD58Xs. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just ordered a pair of HD800S and HD700 with custom balanced cables. Also just put in my order for the Drop Panda. There goes a chunk of my tax return lol

4 Likes

Only been listening to them for about 2 hours. Streaming some instrumental jazz tracks. The HD58X’s are a great headphone to my ears. Now the Sundara, OH MY!!! The clarity and separation of the instruments is on a completely different dimensional plain. I am guessing this is the difference between dynamic drivers and planar drivers. This is my 1st planar gear ever. I did notice right away I am going to really have to pay attention to volume levels because the highs can be a bit intense.

more to come as i roll these through my different gear… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

How about the quality of the HP?
I have not bought any HIFMAN product due to the low quality ppl talk about.

What do you as a first time buyer think of the build quality?

3 Likes

SM, I have to say, the Sundara feels like a more solid product than my HD58X. It is like 80% metal. I honestly have no idea why anyone would consider this headphone low quality.

3 Likes

Okay… because I have looked at the Sundara and liked the price and the commments around the sound. So I am certainly interested.
Thx!

3 Likes

Only had mine a few hours and I love it… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After the second pair Hifiman’s breaks down, you get the picture. lol
No more, not ever. Also they made realize i like dynamic sound more than planar.
After a sometime with good bass songs and maybe tad to loud, it physically starts to hurts how fast the planar hits eardrum.

5 Likes

Same thing…I’ve had 3 Hifiman break on me

1. He400i - headband snapped and had severe channel imbalance in the right driver.

2. 1st Sundara - right gimbal cracked in half.

3. 2nd Sundara - (this was the stealth revision too that I bought a month ago) the left driver died on day 2!

All 3 were QC related and not me being negligent in my handling of them. Disheartening too since the Sundara had it’s moments where it sounded really good. Hifiman really needs to find a way to eliminate their consistent QC issues. Audeze was able to fix their QC issues, so it’s possible.

7 Likes

Yeah I will try to even this convo out and say tho that the 4xx is still going strong over here lol. Guess it’s hit or miss

2 Likes

That’s just it…hit or miss and a gamble, which sucks more-so when attempting to buy a higher priced Hifiman. I did have good luck with my HE4xx too though, never had an issue.

4 Likes

For sure, must be nerve wracking buying something and knowing it might be doa or will die soon after you get it considering how much money goes into them

3 Likes

11 Likes

I haven’t listened to a Hifiman, but I’ve heard good things about their sound quality.

I still don’t think I’d ever purchase one due to their seemingly blatant lack of quality control.

In a recent interview Dr. Fang Bien, Founder and Owner of Hifiman discussed the different revisions that hifiman have gone under and to me it seemed as though he was downplaying the reasoning and even the changes made during these ‘silent’ revisions. I wouldn’t like to purchase something and have to guess what revision I received.

He also commented on hopefully becoming a billionaire (I’m paraphrasing) when discussing the future of the company and the products they’re currently developing.

These comments, and the historic lack of quality control lead me to believe that Dr. Fang Bien’s goal and priority has everything to due with money, and little to do with sound reproduction.

I’m left with the impression that Hifiman is somewhat the antithesis of ZMF…

3 Likes

Sweet!

I’ll be ordering mine soon. Definitely share your impressions. :+1:t4:

1 Like

Will do, still waiting for the pads…

1 Like