What did you buy today? (Part 1)

That reminds me of Dick Tracy… The fact all these smart watches don’t have a Dick Tracy skin bothers me.

3 Likes

i pre ordered blon b05. why? idk…its $45 but i really dont need them

3 Likes

I bribed my barber with a bottle of bourbon a generous tip to give me a cut on Friday.

2 Likes

So I did a thing…

10 Likes

Pretty damn sweet amp and sweet price too, should be nice, curious to hear your thoughts :+1:

4 Likes

They reminded me of Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot, which i used to love as a kid. Kinda funny how bad i wanted a phone watch when i was a kid and now that i can get one i dont care lol

The most beautiful Koss product imo. :star_struck:
Look at that bling!

1 Like

I was bidding on that previously…

Lol I figured other people here were bidding, @TwoPaperCaper was also bidding on it as well. I just got really lucky tho, I expected it to go a lot higher actually.

3 Likes

I wasn’t about to push it up further than $700. I was like “I don’t need it that badly yet”. However you obligated to give a review of it!! I say this with 0 authority.

2 Likes

I rarely see the base units go low, and that one had the lps+, that should have gone for like 1.4k lol

4 Likes

There is one with the LPS+ on head-fi for $1.5K, you could probably talk him down to $1.4K.
Last one I saw sell without it went for $950.
Those numbers are about what I see on Hifi Shark, but that ebay seller really did himself no favors with that listing.

4 Likes

Thanks for contributing to that forum.

For my own part, this was a mostly-responsible purchase, lol. No danger of getting ejected from my domicile, and as for my relationship, my wife is a “casual audiophile” (appreciates the quality, but not neurotic about chasing gear). I’ve been able to placate her with endgame-level tributes (Campfire Andromeda, ZMF Auteur). Since she benefits from my modern-day hunter-gatherer bounties, I am granted some latitude to pursue them. :slight_smile:

The Mobius are an interesting case, because I don’t need any more “gaming headsets,” but the 3D motion-tracking is a new and unique feature to try out. I also haven’t bought anything wireless since the Turtle Beach Elite 800X (which broke like all the rest of my TB trash thanks to plastic fatigue). Back when I attended Panda Listening Day I wished I had been able to compare Mobius to the Panda for sound quality. My gut feel is that Panda is an overall smarter approach for wireless music, but the Mobius may have an edge as a headset and for the gaming DSP modes it offers.

The two things that pushed me into “buy” territory on this one were potential benefit to my Xbox friends (who might be able to conceive of spending $229 on an exceptionally-good headset), and the fact that I’ve saved at least that much in gas and food expenses in the past month by working from home. I am seriously not expecting to use these very much beyond an initial trial period, but they might prove useful for work, allowing me to get up and walk around during meetings. Worst case I could waterfall them to one of my gaming friends.

In any case, don’t feel guilty about anyone using information you provide irresponsibly or to their own detriment. It’s up to each of us to act in our own best interests or face our own consequences.

3 Likes

the only other dac tempting me besides the hipdac is the ikko zerda because that dongle would be easy to work with a laptop on a bed, it would be more dependent on if i ever need to upgrade from over 150 Ohms my 58Xs have… as well as if i will use tidal instead of spotify (which who knows im using the free hulu more now)

2 Likes

These arrived today

They look incredible can’t wait to hear them

13 Likes

Sarda gang lol

3 Likes

I’m concerned… I joined the RNHP gang after much doubt and hesitation… and it was a winner. NOT ANOTHER ONE!

3 Likes

Sarda gang is naturally capped at only 300 members, so you better act fast lol

1 Like

If you can find it through the endless photos of frogs

6 Likes

You bastard. Now I’m shopping.