What did you buy today? (Part 1)

“Fazors”, lol

3 Likes

The v.1 died on me…

6 Likes

Omg… I can listen to Van Halen on my DT 770’s and not want to barf now.

Edit: You know, because of the treble. Not because of Van Halen.

9 Likes

Apos Audio are fucking champs!

I’ve been working on a headphone rig for a friend in NZ consisting of an ATOM + D50s stack and a Beyer 1770 Pro. I’ve had the amp and headphone for a few weeks already, but I snagged the D50s from Drop for a great deal. Then this morning I got this:

I read somewhere here that Apos will price-match Drop, so I sent them an email asking if they’d pretty-please do a price match for my in-limbo D50s so I can get this project done without waiting who-knows-how-long for Drop to ship the DAC. They responded almost immediately with an affirmative! Not only that, but they went above and beyond and allowed me a second one at that price, which I’ll be using for the Elegia I got for my brother. Apos rocks!

12 Likes

MOONDROP BLESSING 2.i will have it on 5 days maybe,impressions soon !!
sold my DROP JVC ahehe

8 Likes

Hahahaha, the Clears have arrived. I can definitively say that I am not disappointed :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Welcome the Edifiers. My first AC-powered BT speakers of substance. :slight_smile: BT works well and the auxiliary input works well (possibly one of the more bizarre applications for the SE output of an Audio-gd R-28). Unboxing was a little strange. Fun, but strange (e.g. semi-disposable “cloth” drawstring bags).

These things are glossy! So glossy!

One thing I would really like to see from manufacturers is more flexible cables - power and signal. The four included cables came all folded up and will probably never really relax, not even after my repeated flexing to try to get the janks out. If they can’t make more flexible cables, they should at least gently loop them instead of permanently bending them into the smallest possible compacted bundle.

I have yet to experience bass bloat on a headphone, but now I know what the term means. The low end on these things is tubby, almost to the point of obnoxious. No doubt I’ll get used to it. I’m shocked that such small speakers can put out such a huge sound. So far, so good. They should serve me for a long time to come.

9 Likes

I still get the feeling that if I got these, they would end up in a kitchen, and would be used to just listen while I cook or clean.

Hang them up and put some weight on the end or wrap them around a cylindrical container. Take a heat gun to them until hot to the touch (careful not to melt them) and then let them cool. $23 heat gun was the best tech purchase I made this year.

1 Like

These are in the bedroom - my “lowest priority” listening station. :wink: Mostly watching Netflix or Youtube on my tablet while in bed.

1 Like

Got my Topping e30 from Apos and they were really quick. Had a nice note inside of the box about sanitation precautions and they even included a sanitation wipe in the box to wipe it down if you want to take extra precautions of the 'Rona.

Would use them again :+1:

7 Likes

So a few people call it Rona right now… Rona is a hardware store in Canada, they must not like it. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Living in Los Angeles with a high Latino population (I’m one), COVID-19 or Corona virus is commonly referred to as “La Rona”.

“Watch out for La Rona!”

3 Likes

Rona here too in our part of England…Probable Rona Lisa en France?

4 Likes

So I didn’t expect them to compete with the A100’s since they cost more than twice as much but I’m underwhelmed when comparing to the (still cheaper) S350DB’s even when not taking into account its subwoofer.

8 Likes

Just picked up a pair of Dynaudio LYD 5, (white) open box for $740 for the pair, including shipping. Looking forward to a bit of a desktop upgrade and more importantly making room. I get to take the Emotiva A-100 off the desk and gain some much welcomed real estate.

Not much in the way of details on line about their sound, but I did want a fairly neutral but “fun” pair of monitors. Hopefully these will fit the bill.

Now the excruciating waiting game begins. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Balanced cable for my r70x

14 Likes

My LCD-2 pre fazor revision 2 arrived today. 1st thing I did was remove the nasty pads and old style headband. In case anybody hasn’t seen a fazorless driver, I took some pictures.

These sound great and exactly as I remember them sounding when I heard them a few years ago.

Also, I have a used Aeolus on the way. No more spending for a while…

22 Likes

I thought those vents were the fazor

Audeze_LCDX_Photo_Fazer

See those ridges and how they are on top of the vents? those are fazors.

8 Likes