What did you buy today? (Part 1)

NOS are usually going to be similar 10000 hours, some military tubes had longer lifetimes upto 30000 Hours but a lot depends on how New the N in NOS is.
A lot of what gets sold as NOS (especially on Ebay) isn’t, it’s used with NOS like measurements.
I usually figure 2-3 years of decent use (or when they fail) for replacement, I know people who do it annually, but it’s not necessary.
My speaker amps have a manual Bias adjustment on them for each of the tubes and a Bias meter, and the real rule is replace if you can’t Bias them.

I think they are the best I’ve heard. I think they have better mids than the EI tubes and fuller bass and treble extension. They also have a 3D-ish staging, very similar to the RCA 7189 tubes that I like so much. These are just initial impressions, so more listening is needed of course.

2 Likes

Okay I’m looking to get Glenn amp for fun of tube rolling but if I find that magic combo I’d like to know I’d be getting number of years out of the tubes.

1 Like

Ωmega super 6 xrs alnico speakers followed me home today, used but new to me🤗

22 Likes

Well, I got to pick up some whiskey, and the speaker cables came in… Just had to tighten the sleeves to the banana plugs a bit cause they where loose out of the package.

10 Likes

Nice cables.

Though it looks like you’ve been hanging out with Tyrone. :face_with_monocle::eyes:

6 Likes

Thanks, though I must admit I don’t get the Tyrone reference.

1 Like

my current xbox controller broke for my pc so time to get a new one I guess. .

4 Likes

My boy @TyroneBiggums. though I think he would be hitting the henne instead

1 Like

All except for that being either paint or crap from my mother trying to make candles or soap…

1 Like

The white paint (?) on the black background.

@RiceGuru got it.

1 Like

I don’t even know…

It rhymes with “bocaine”. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

dont encourage him

1 Like

i got to admit, it totally looks like you just threw them down on the table in the middle of partying. tyrone will most certainly be jealous :smile:

4 Likes

This was too funny! :laughing::heart:

2 Likes

Intrested what you think, I heard that Proper Twelve isn’t a very good whiskey.

my boi mcgregor made it. has to be gold

It isn’t great, but it isnt BAD either, if you get what I mean. Not much if any burn (I have a personal rule of 1 drink and 1 drink only, so no really getting past it much) which is nice if you’re new, I guess. However, I wouldn’t exactly call it smooth, particularly compared to my fav, Jameson. Now, as for the taste, I wasnt picking up on the vanilla or quote honey like sweetness end quote, but the toasted wood was definitely present.

1 Like

Gold? No. I wouldn’t say so at least. However, if the claim that for every bottle sold, they are making donations to first responders… I can say I may be drinking more of this, and making sure to keep a bottle in my liquor cabinet.

2 Likes