What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Ah I also got a weighted blanket from a family member and I never realized how much I was missing out lol

4 Likes

Oh, huh, what’s a weighted blanket?

It’s a blanket that is evenly weighted, really nice stuff. Weighs 15 pounds the one I was gifted, and it’s just pretty different and comfy

1 Like

When i was really young, I lived w/ my grandparents in Europe, they would cover me w/ multiple wool blankets in the winter to keep me from freezing overnight, they were poor and there was no heat anywhere other than the kitchen (wood burning stove). I remember THOSE weighted blankets, and sure as shit don’t want to experience that again today :joy: haha, I think I’ll stick to my light fluffy down comforters for now, happy you got something interesting tho.

1 Like

Lol @ “some Koss”, yeah, right, 95Xs :stuck_out_tongue:
Also next to a FX-Audio tube amp? Do these actually work and sound “tubey” ?

Geez, you can get everything on amazon. I had one of those break on me. the tube broke and somehow caught on fire. I dived into the house and ran to the phone to call the fire department sure the tank was gonna explode any minute. while my girlfriend just got a wet cloth threw it over the fire shooting out of the pipe and calmly turn the gas off.

4 Likes

:laughing::sweat_smile:

Lol yeah, it happened here too. Apparently if it does not explode at the first second, the tank will just empty, burning all the propane, and that’s it…

Pretty much everything except guns. Same for eBay.
It’s weird… One morning last month I woke up, looked at my smartphone, spent 400$CAD on stuff during one hour, and then got out of bed.

3 Likes

Does the blanket make you hot? I hate blankets that get too hot…

It kinda does change the sound, but for speakers. For headphones it sounds bit off, distorted. With these tubes it sound kinda good with speakers https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Voshkod-6ZH1P-EV-Matched-Pair-Little-Dot-Amp-III-IV-/291043635707
If you have extra money then defintely try it, since its that cheap. And also getting those tubes in the US would be much easier, it took some time for them to arrive here (in Estonia) :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

2 Likes

LOL, they make it real convenient to spend money these days

1 Like

By the way I just received my tripowin 26$ cable for my KZ 36$ earphones (lol). Man that’s like an anti-jank cable. Rubbery texture. A bit shiny too. :sunglasses:

1 Like

weighted blankets are mainly for restless leg syndrome and other sleep disorders

1 Like

I just got my LCX+SDAC (and found a 1/4" adapter :grimacing:) and immediately noticed that it makes the X2HR less V-shaped than the K3. It also fixes a sibilance issue. Guess that’s a +1 for that “Do we really need expensive gear?” topic.
Now all I need is a balanced cable for the others.

1 Like

Well, this just showed up.
For those who don’t get it:

1 Like

my friend from Taiwan says these are the shiznitz for weighted blankets:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/113974582651?ul_noapp=true

if I ever have any surplus income, a couple of these…a winter and a summer are on the books! :slight_smile:

just placed my order for a pair of 58x

3 Likes

Nice, hope you enjoy them :+1:

and now i just ordered the atom and the d10. my wife is gonna kill me lol…im going to hold off on the 4xx for now. cant justify 2 headphones as easily lmao

2 Likes

Those Tripowin cables are magical. I’ve got a 4,4 that just cleared customs, coming in for my BL-03’s. I already have one of the cables but wanted to get 4,4 to try that out. Never expected the package from China to reach me before the cables I bought from Hart Audio though, that one is still stuck in Texas over Christmas and most likely New Years too.

2 Likes

That’s worth a million views if you caught it on camera.

1 Like