What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Santa doesn’t ship on Christmas day so FedEx ground had to pick up the ball the day after.

9 Likes

Yessss! Awesome picture, the relaxed posture makes all the work and effort put forth getting to that moment so worth it, congratulations and enjoy! Happy listening👍

2 Likes

Was gifted a set of BL03 and Mobius gel pads, bought ESP95X. Hoping I’m done.

3 Likes

RCA’s, i was in need of more RCA’s and also decided to upgrade 2 sets of very old ones that were just not pleasing to me visually.
One, possibly last amplifier, an old Decware CSP2, very low serial number. I want to see how it performs as a tube pre-amp and how much different than the DV336se the sound is. Honestly tubes are a pain in the ass, I enjoy the flavors they impart to the music but there is so much work associated w/ them and I just don’t have the hours to dedicate nor the inclination to keep dropping so much cash on NOS tubes.

Niceeeeeee, curious to see your thoughts on the 95x

Decided to pick up a pair of rogue apollo dark monoblocks, now to decide on a pair of speakers lol

4 Likes

Congratulations those are really really nice. You know which way I’m voting on speakers, BBC for the win…or not. Lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Either way that’s gonna be a sweeeeet set-up!!!

1 Like

My boi mon ending the year right!

I don’t know if my wallet would agree lol

4 Likes

It’s definitely not happy with you lol but hey gotta end the year with a 9000 dollar bang!

I got these as well, I love it. Yeah I am one of the sneakerheads here I guess :laughing:

5 Likes

Pair of Massdrop x Noble X’s popped up on reddit for $67 shipped so I scooped them up, I owned a pair before and liked them so for $67 i’ll hold onto this pair.

some Koss arrived

6 Likes

You trying to land a role in the next Maxell ad? :smile:

(system looks great though, enjoy)

2 Likes

Didn’t buy this, was a gift:

https://www.amazon.com/VIVO-Management-Adjustable-Workstation-DESK-V103E/dp/B073K1JSW7/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=vivo+desk+frame&qid=1577468864&sr=8-6

Slapped my existing 72"x36" tabletop on there and now have a fantastic (and lower back friendly) desk!

1 Like

Pretty amazing gift!!

They look like serious business Mon, congrats. Out of curiosity though what’s the benefit of balanced in for a monoblock amp? Isn’t balanced simply for separation which you’re already inherently getting? Is there a voltage difference for longer cable runs or something else I’m missing?

1 Like

Well, they do have common mode rejection and the extra voltage bump you get with balanced, but honestly I mean there isn’t a huge benefit or anything, but it works with my balanced gear so I will use it lol. Someone else can argue the sound differences between balanced vs unbalanced lol

My Propane Regulator is on the fritz for months. Its the thing that attaches to the tank and controls how much propane you get how fast. Well I beat it with a hammer and it still took me like 20 minutes to grill a few burgers at midnight. So I got a fancy replacement …

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GRFTR4S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

6 Likes

Just bought the emotiva bas-x a100, decided to buy new after all

3 Likes