What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Yeah I saw that as well, so lucky me to pull the trigger before that change.
But I think the shipping was quite fast, they send a shipping notice the 16th of June and it arrived the 23rd.

That is good customer support. Most companies would tell you that itā€™s end of life and ignore anything else.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got the Mobius and am not a fan for music. It suffers the same sort of limitations as my previous bluetooth headsets like Turtle Beach Elite 800x:

• Limited volume: gets loud enough, I suppose, but feels like itā€™s struggling.
  • Sound quality feels limited by DSP

The head-tracking feature is interesting and works better than I expected, but I canā€™t help but feel itā€™s gimmicky and weird for music. Spatial coherency is tight; when you move your head the sound does a good job of staying fixed in space. Itā€™s fun for a bit as a novelty, and I can see how it could contribute to more immersion with gaming, but itā€™s distracting for music. I donā€™t want my tunes to constantly move around whenever I adjust my headā€“it pulls me out of the song, like anti-immersion.

Also, Mobius stops working when the battery is drained. You canā€™t just plug it in and use it like a headphone like you can with Panda, for example.

5 Likes

Yeah i was watching some reviews on it last night and it has like 3 EQ settings on it and all 3 make the headphone sound different. they say you cant bypass the DAC and DSP. but they where saying it sounds pretty good too. But the LCD 1 is also supposed to be good. I know Mon used to recommend it.

Skadooshā€¦
All American chain- Bifrost 2 -> Asgard 3 - LCD 2 CB

18 Likes

My he-560 arrived earlier. The v2 version I got is not the monster my first one was. Iā€™m surprised it didnā€™t get the hype the Sundara got. To my ears itā€™s a more pleasing mid focused fuller sound.

13 Likes

Managed to get a dt990 600 ohm for under Ā£100 today :grin:

10 Likes

I got these as an open box item on Amazon for 1k. So far really enjoying them :slight_smile:

19 Likes

I finally caved in for the hype and bought these! Oh the thin wire, but they actually sound great, especially considering the price :slight_smile:

image image

edit
sorry for the picture turned sideways :slight_smile:

16 Likes

I agree, just wish I had the black like yours.

5 Likes

They are so sexy in all black.

1 Like

it was the only available colour when i ordered :slight_smile:

oh, first 10 minutes impressions are that they really punch above their price point, and at the ā€œmediumā€ setting on the comfort switch seems to fit my head shape pretty good, so they are (at least for this short time) pretty comfortableā€¦

I put in an order for my IEM endgame earlier today. Iā€™ll make sure to put some pretty pictures in here when I get them :grinning: ā€¦in a month :grimacing:

5 Likes

And this is the endā€¦ (I think)

9 Likes

I just purchased a Bottlehead Crack Kit. Looking forward to building it.

13 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! Your Aeolus should really sing on that amp. :+1:t4:

1 Like

Very excited about this piece! Maybe the last tube amp I buy :crossed_fingers:

26 Likes

nice dude :+1: look forward to seeing it

4 Likes

Going through my garage, I found Golden Oak wood stain and nickel metal paint. Think that is what colors Iā€™m going with.

6 Likes