What did you buy today? (Part 1)

should look pretty dope :+1: its a great looking amp in personā€¦ like something out of Frankenstein with all the cables and tubes :ok_hand:

1 Like

Wow I canā€™t wait, which dac are you using btw?

Lol nevermind, I totally didnā€™t see it to the side, never heard of that brand though, these amps are just amazing to look at

Schiit Asgard 3

17 Likes

my new favourite dac the earman Donald dacā€¦ I havenā€™t dipped my toes too far into dacs yet but ive heard 4 different budget dacs and the Donald is my go to atm

3 Likes

What is it about the DD that you enjoy ? curiosityā€¦

detail and clarity and neutrality in a nutshellā€¦ i have warmer amps across the board and it adds a bit of energy to themā€¦ d50s was too much and zen dac was doubling down on the warmth which was starting to not be what I was looking forā€¦ the dd does a good job of riding the musical/analytical line imo.

that said its probably all in my head.

2 Likes

Thanksā€¦ Detail I loveā€¦ but with a touch of warmthā€¦ ever so slightā€¦ deep hole but one of the best Holes one could fall in toā€¦

Thats strange. I ordered an asgard 3 a few weeks ago and emailed them because the shipping was delayed. They responded within an hour.

1 Like

this is the liquid spark and Donald dac :ok_hand:

1 Like

So correct me if Iā€™m wrong, can I use-c to this straight from an iPad Pro? Like one cable? Iā€™m planning my bedroom setup with the Bottlehead, 600/6XX, and dac with my iPad as the streamer. Fingers crossed

yes thatā€™s correctā€¦ no power cables needed

1 Like

Ohhh yes and wow $100, I have a d50ā€™s under the tv, this seems like a way better solution for bedside, nice thankyou

1 Like

Wow, the earman donald dac is a lot smaller than i thought

Yeah very small footprint

14 Likes

If you want a nice compact foot print the donald dac and liquid spark amp is the way to go

2 Likes

Isnā€™t the Bifrost currently on backorder? Schiit shipped my B-stock Asgard 3 pretty fast

God damn itā€¦ Now I have the jingle stuck in my headā€¦ EarMan Donald had a DACā€¦

4 Likes

sorry :man_shrugging: lol

kinda funny too because my name is Donald (thatā€™s not why I like it so much)

3 Likes

I found it funny when HAC had reached out to me when he was getting ready to launch, particularly as my last name is Hart.

1 Like