What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Killer amp! I’m really interested to hear your impressions on how it sounds, especially compared to the DV. How long until you sell me that one too? lol

just sitting down with it for the first time now so ill reserve my impressions for a few days (but wow)…

nerver! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Dipped my toes back into budget-fi with the KSC75. It is too bad that the KSC75X is currently out of stock since I like its colorway better than the regular KSC75. I pulled the KSC75 after a pad swapping session with my HE-500. When powered by my computer’s audio out port or from the 3.5mm port of my THX AAA 789, I’m very impressed by its airy non-fatiguing treble and its clear and present mids. In fact, I like the tonality of its treble far more than the Elex loaner that I reviewed several months ago. Furthermore, it handled a Beethoven track (“Symphony No.7 in A Major, Op.92: III. Presto” from 9 Symphonies, Deutsche Grammophon 429 036-1/2) that gave the loaner Ananda fits. And there’s a lack of grain in the treble of the KSC75 that I find with HD58X. Very impressive.

While listening to the shaker and drum/bell soundstage/imaging tests from Dr. Chesky’s Headphone test, I noticed that forward stage depth is lacking.

For classical music, this is probably my covid-19 extreme budget choice. Now to the minuses and that would be lack of sub-bass (almost non-existent) due to a pretty-early roll-off at around 110Hz (near where the mid-bass ends and the high-bass begins). This means, that rock, pop, and any bass-heavy music sounds lean, a little too lean for my tastes, in other words lacking body (again fresh from listening to an HE-500).

Still, for $18, these provide some serious value.

7 Likes

My LCD-2 prefazor finally arrived! So far I’m really loving them on the Asgard 3. Does anyone have a track recommendation for showing what the bass on these can do?

28 Likes

THEY look nice… I like the Audeze design for the LCD series. I hope you are going to enjoy them :yum:

2 Likes

niiice! look forward to hearing what you think of them :+1: still waiting on mine… try angel by massive attack

3 Likes

On Amazon HD this is :ok_hand:

3 Likes

They look awesome, congrats! Quick question:

My LCD-2 prefazor finally arrived!

Can someone give me a TLDR on what prefazor means/is? I’ve seen this term a lot around here.

There’s no fazor array in front of the driver (see LCD-2C’s)

1 Like

Skip the long intro and head toward 3:30 or 4mins

4 Likes

“Fazor” refers to the pointed metal grill that acts as a sound wave guide. It’s supposed to improve the sound. But some prefer the old design without them.
https://www.audeze.com/blogs/technology-and-innovation/fazor-elements

2 Likes

the black triangle bits are the fazor array which is supposed to smooth out (some say flatten out which is one negative you’ll hear about the fazor version) the sound and bring more detail (some say detracting from the lush OG sound) to the headphones

images

1 Like

This is great, love some spacey dub

1 Like

I got some angled cables / adapters for the new Roon station I set up in my guest bedroom. The case positions the Pi ports right at the edge of the screen so straight cables looked pretty awkward. New look is much cleaner.

BEFORE

AFTER

13 Likes

Sub bass test for sure

Check out “Drink I’m Sippin On” by Yaeji on Amazon Music. https://music.amazon.com/albums/B087WK8VTH?do=play&trackAsin=B087WXBGZF&ref=dm_sh_9lypnqvC1BjICMvHb3abY9p27

3 Likes

I just discovered yaeji yesterday … loving her stuff

I have a feeling @RiceGuru would appreciate her

3 Likes

lol been listening to her for a while now.

2 Likes

had a feeling that would be the case lol

1 Like

88rising has some great artists besides Joji, obviously if your into that genre. Production quality has been great as well

honestly in the last year or so ive been discovering/rediscovering so many things… a great benefit to me getting into this hobby… I was neck deep into the metal scene and had no time for anything else… ill check out more 88 rising for sure tho :beers:

2 Likes