What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Ha ha. Evil giggle. Enjoy my friend!

I have both. Can’t go wrong with either. Buy both!

2 Likes

Spent a few hours on each today. FWIW, I am a beginner and I apologize in advance if I am not describing or using the right terms. I’ll try my best to describe what I’m hearing between the Sundara and 6XX. To start, to me they both have great detail, clarity and separation. I can clearly hear different instruments and where they are coming from.

Sundara has more bass slam and punch compared to 6XX. Sundara sounds more “open” and I feel the highs are a tad brighter compared to the 6XX.

6XX’s mid-range sounds awesome. It does not feel as “open” compared to the Sundara. 6XX is such a chill headphone. I cannot wait to try it on a tube amp.

9 Likes

pretty solid first impressions actually… keep listening and enjoy the journey… these are two bangers at their price points… glad youre liking them so far :beers:

1 Like

My Tin T2s arrived :slight_smile:

20 Likes

I ended up picking up some of those cables to try out.

5 Likes

Time to finally upgrade my mobo
msi_b550tmhwk_mag_b550_tomahawk_am4_1592311656000_1568696

13 Likes

I would but, I need the other for headphones this time for it has been a while since I got some new set of headphones lol.

So this arrived from the US. Hopefully no more eartip shopping for a while

8 Likes

Got the 880 600Ohm a few minutes ago :grin:

22 Likes

Awesome! My V280 is in Drop Limbo–was supposed to ship a week ago. Apparently the drop sold 35 of them, and I saw two people mention canceling their orders due to the lack of ETA for the wait. I’d be more frustrated if I didn’t enjoy my current stack so much.

Looking forward to impressions on the Ares II (I’ll watch in its thread). I’d love a straight up comparison vs, say, D90 (maybe with Clears b/c they’re even-keeled) to get an idea of how R2R changes the presentation from a very clean D-S DAC.

FWIW, both RME ADI-2 DAC and D90 are pretty endgame territory for me for DACs.

3 Likes

I am VERY curious to hear your thoughts on the V280.

At this point, so am I, lol!

2 Likes

Thanks for your impressions! The Sundara is one of those that I keep eyeing… I know they’re brighter than the 6XX but would you say there’s any harshness or sibilance? I’m pretty sensitive to that which is why I’m staying away from the DT17770/1990s.

Yeah, the 6XX’s mid-range is so good. It is incredible on a tube amp, especially one you steal from @donjklassen!

2 Likes

The Sundara’s are nowhere near as bright as a Beyer. They are a great open, full sound and at a pretty good price.

3 Likes

I am pretty tolerant to highs but compared to my 770 250 the Sundara is less bright for sure.

1 Like

Dx7pro… XLR cables arriving tomorrow, great timing Amazon . . . and yes porta pros, it’s to hot out for much more :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Bought on Wednesday, but received today: Senn HD660’s

Spent all day and all night redesigning my music layout in Media Go (Sony). I just cleared all my playlists off my DAP (took a Long time!) and then plugged in my DAP for the new show.

Every so often you just gotta change everything up. :grinning:

Now, tomorrow is my Senns and my new tunes (loving Thelenoius Monk!).
:grin:

19 Likes

I’m in the same boat with the v280. I considered cancelling but I would rather hear it considering the discounted price. Worst case scenario I sell it on for near enough what I paid.

Super disappointed in drops communication

1 Like

Same here lol