What did you buy today? (Part 1)

They’re on a string of misses for me:

• Paid near full price for a June Panda, still waiting
  • D50S late for a friend’s build; saved by Apos price match
  • V280 is MIA with no ETA

Kind of a bummer since I’ve had mostly good luck with them.

Anyway, to get back on topic, my wife got an ear camera thingy today–it hooks up to your phone so you can inspect for impacted wax, etc. The phone displays video in real time. Naturally, we had to play with that.

So I guess this is my IEMs see–I’ll hide it behind a spoiler tag for “modesty.” (Don’t worry, they’re clean)

Where the Magic Happens

1 Like

Why is there light coming from inside your head?

Just ordered these

24 Likes

Uh, I’m enlightened? :wink:

Or reflections or something. I dunno what’s around the bend there.

1 Like

Finally pulled the trigger on a TV… Took a bite, but I handled it. Snagged a new HDMI cable since the old one would cut in and out periodically.
Picked up a pair of ribeye steaks for my grandpa’s birthday.
Finally, ordered a few things on Amazoon:

11 Likes

After two months of waiting, they finally arrived…worth the wait? Maybe :confused:

18 Likes

Mother fucker…late night beach drunk buy…I guess tygr 300 r’s …while still waiting for mk 3 Argons and LCD 2 closed backs…I guess August is gonna be epic.

5 Likes

After an incredible long listening session at my local headphone store (a real passion project of the owner and not just a „let me sell you stuff“-store) I decide to go with the DT 1990 Pro.
Other headphones I had on the table:
Sundara, 99 Classics, 880 600ohm, DT 1770Pro.
I was mainly interested in the Sundara vs. 1990 but for my personal taste I preferred the 1990 by a lot.

There was only one problem with my listening session at the store… not only where there the headphone in the >500€ price bracket i was able to afford but there were also the HEDDphone, meze empyrean , ABYSS AB-1266 PHI on the table… and oh boy do they sound gooooood!!
It definitely was a „mistake“ to listen to those high high-end headphone… but now knowing what is possible in the headphone world I am just that much more exited about the future!

24 Likes

Will be installing it today in my xDuoo XD-05 plus.

18 Likes

Bought on Friday, but received today.

10 Likes

I would be super interested in how things are going. I own the xd05+ as well and am thinking of upgrading as well.

3 Likes

They finaly arrived. These look absolutely GORGEOUS!!! First impressions are good. They passed my Rip & Tear test (meaning they can handle Mick Gordon’s Rip & Tear just fine). They don’t seem to be sibilant at all either. I’ll post some real thoughts on these in a few days.

22 Likes

What headphone did you get it for, the plug liiks like Sennhieser. Does it do anything to the sound?

is that headband new for all grados or just the hemp? the added padding and the cups look great

Cool can’t wait to see what you think :+1:

I just checked the price and wow, thats an expensive headphone. comes in at 420$ and no cup pads just foam. can wait to see what you think, and how it compares to other headphones in teh price range

They’ve said this won’t be the last time they use hemp but as of now thus is the first and only model that uses hemp. As for the headband, I don’t know. This is my first Grado so I don’t know if this is just there higher end headband or if it is a new version.

1 Like

They are for a set of Senn HD660’s that I got on Tuesday. Just meant to be used in my Liquid Platinum. I just did a quick test to make sure they work.

1 Like

The pads are so far so so good. I personally don’t have too much of a problem with on-ear headphones as long as the pads are foam or fabric. The only real negative so far is the cable, but hopefully some time breathing and messaging will help that. I’m fine with a T H I C C cable (even attached) as long as it straitens out.

Not audiophile stuff, and I only got the box for one of the items, but the subscription box for May finally came in. You weebs would probably get a kick out of some of them. Not everything received was pictured.

12 Likes