What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Agreed, Slime was funny. Rimuru is great, and while Shion is not best girl (that is Raphtalia, FIGHT ME), but she is still good girl, and I enjoy her.
Dont know what Im gonna do with the boosted gear, as jewelry isnt really my thing (beyond a decent watch or some shades), but I agree, the Dub did have an awesome dragon voice.

Yes, Otaku Box. It is a monthly box, and subscribers can buy previous figures.

As a note, while this link will give $5 off, I do get a $5 kick back from it in the form of a credit towards next months box. Personally, use it or not, I dont care. If you wanna give it a shot, why not save a bit?

2 Likes

Haha, they’re not, but still not fr from it -

https://www.amazon.com/Stageek-Aluminum-Universal-Bookshelf-Computer/dp/B07SHCLR7T/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=stageek&qid=1594785867&sr=8-1

1 Like

Verité and a Pilot Pad arrived for a Diana. The Pilot Pad is a little snug and makes it a little top heavy, but just needs a little getting used to.

29 Likes

3.5mm to Cinch (RCA) cable and a LP G103-S

Just like the cardboard box, the unit is simple.

In position:

24 Likes

Isn’t this the best notification?!
ER2XR’s arriving today, stepping up my iPad production to stay in the box, thanks for the rec @M0N

9 Likes

That’s a very sexy pic :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Arrived yesterday. Trying an actually shielded USB 3.0 cable for my ZEN, cause the stock one acts up every now and then. Type C to 4x Type A USB 3 hub. Obvious use. Finally, what I really placed the order for!

4 Likes

So, I did a thing today

23 Likes

Enjoy! And please give us a full report after a good listen!

2 Likes

@WaveTheory Will do. Super excited. This I think will hold me for awhile. LOL

2 Likes

You LOL’d yourself. You’re starting to get it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Enjoy! And please give us a full report after a good listen!

Yes! please do, interested how the sundaras sound on the a90

2 Likes

FWIW, running audio to a DAC through a hub may be less than ideal. As your system starts up, the USB controller will talk to each device on the chain and figure out what slice of the overall bandwidth to give it. The order it asks devices is random, and depending on that order and your USB controller you might end up with insufficient bandwidth allotted to your audio device. Hubs can make that problem worse because the entire hub only gets a slice of the communication cycle to divvy up.

In the office I use a PC37x headset plugged into a simple USB adapter, and every once in a while when I start up my headset audio sounds like twangy metallic dogshit. Unplugging and replugging will fix that, but for all of my audio setups I try to make sure my DAC is the only thing talking to the controller on a given internal hub.

Just a heads up in case you run into more issues…

3 Likes

DT880 Came in today. First impression is these don’t feel as premium as they look in the photos lol. But it’s fine the price. They sound great. But not orgasmic like Zeos suggested lol

19 Likes

Which power plant you using?

1 Like

lol I tried the Asgard 3 first which worked reasonably well. Then I tried the headphone output on my Rega Brio stereo amp. The gain on that thing is way too high for almost everything so it’s nice to be able to use it for the first time lol. I prefer the Brio at the moment because help bring down the brightness a bit. I will try more amps later.

4 Likes

the Darkvoice works really well, asgard3 was too bright after going back and forth

1 Like

Yeah I wish I had a OTL tube amp to try it on. I do have the Tuba though, so I’ll have to try it on that

1 Like

My Mangird Tea…

15 Likes

Wind gives the best sense of air. Solar is clean and detailed, but can run a little hot. Nuclear is best, but make sure to power down between uses. Geothermal is not recommended as it sounds muddy. And coal is dirty and congested.

16 Likes