What did you buy today? (Part 1)

I’m honestly confused by them. I think they may actually sound better with a good AMP then they do via bluetooth… If only just. The ANC is great, and they cancel out a good bit even without that. The “enchancement/transparency” mode has me floored. Granted, I have nothing to really compare to, but holy fuck… And I don’t mean that in a bad way either.
Sadly, I’ve been spoiling myself with my 7506, and it leaves me wanting a bit more of a clean and natural sound signiture… Something these just don’t have. I tend to judge this with music along the lines of Frank Sinatra(Listening to Thw Way You Look Tonight right now) and Luis Armstrong(was just listening to La ve en rose). Bass isn’t bloted, but not super clean either. It gets better with ANC off, though it loses just a touch of the low end (I’m using songs like Midnight City by M83, Everybody Hates Me by Tom MacDonnald, Stardust by Geoxor, Hold by Dabin ft. Daniela Andrade (original mix), and Yuve Yuve Yu by The HU).
I love using Nishio 2 by Lemaitre to test for the highs, as even without being sensitive to highs, on brighter headphones, or at least ones that I pick up on highs more with, the highs can get really sharp and siblent, something I don’t notice with these headphones.
Under Pressure by Queen ft. David Bowie, That’s The Way (I Like It) by K.C. & The Sunshine Band, Hey Ya! by Outkast, and Crystallize by Lindsey Stirling sounds freaking awesome.
The aux cable it comes with is 3.5mm to 2.5mm, so beware of that, along with the fact that it, and the included type-c cable are coiled rather small, so they are a bit sproingy. The other downside is the 3-D touch controls… They can be a bit finikey. It took me a bit to finally get a good grasp on how to get the volume to actually go down, rather then up when I swiped down. This could also be me never having used that kind of an interface before, thusly being unfamiliar with it.
Finally, there is an app available on Android and iOS, but it’s functionality is next to none, and there is no need to install it to actually use the headphones.
I have yet to have the chance to use them on a phone call, so we will see how they do.
Edit: I probably spent the length of an average Z Reviews video just typing that out and listened to each of the songs listed while typing out my thoughts

2 Likes

Got my graduation gift from my parents today, they sent me cash for they cannot afford that I was requesting from them. So with the cash they gave me, I have decided with this. Finally the moment of truth for me and all I have to do is wait for it. I thank them with all of my heart and even with a few bucks from them, I am grateful and thankful to them.

16 Likes

These arrived today, still waiting on the amp and sub, will be replacing my Audioengine HDP6 Passives

image image

13 Likes

Finally I joined the Porta pros gang.

How can theses sound this good?.

Also received these to mod my Fostex Ebonies

20 Likes

I just bought some grado hemps, can’t wait to hear what they sound like.

11 Likes

ToxicBlue 3m Balanced…for the Audezes.

17 Likes

You ever get the feeling after you get something that it’s both a blessing and a curse? Dekoni Blues came in with several pairs of pads… And now I get to go through all of them to see which I like best. First world problem, I know…

16 Likes

This feels like a glitch in the matrix :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Looks like you have a full weekend of listening ahead. Enjoy :beers:

1 Like

I mean… Part of it’s “holy hell, these need some juice!”
With power match on with my Zen, it’s at ~1:30 but through my A-100, I could sware the perceived volume through these is linear with the volume of my C93 ii(with the jumper in place).

Yeah, the T50 power thing is simultaneously overblown and not a joke.

Please leave comments about the Blues in the official thread after some thorough listening. Looking forward to your thoughts!

2 Likes

24 Likes

Love my T5vs

1 Like

Akai MPK Mini MK3 (Newer version) USB Midi controller. A quick review. $119

It’s very well built, knobs are plastic but a type that feels good. Movement is smooth, and the little readout for it’s position is nice.

Pads are a little stiff, but they are brand new, So I’ll give it time.

D-stick. Wow, literally the nicest d-stick I’ve ever used.

Function buttons are nice, and have a good tiny click.

Now for the keys… The black on black looks unnatural, but I LOVE it. The feel is also stiff, but it’s brand new, so I’ll give it time. The movment is smooth and at the bottom is a nice smoosh. Tickling them does have a little lower end rattle. It’s not annoying, but I don’t tickle the key often so… There are some reports of longevity issues, so we’ll see.

The device overall feels very well-built and not heavy, but not light enough to move.

I’m super happy and can’t wait to play on it a little.

9 Likes

My dad was looking for some headphones for watching TV without disturbing my mom, so I surprised him with DT770s and a DX3 Pro. The headphones come with a 15’ extension cable and the DX3 has a remote, so hopefully that ends up working out for him.

11 Likes

I bought my wife some 'phones and a 15ft cord since we share the living room and I LOVE open backs. :laughing:

6 Likes

If not, you mom can get them, to shut the tv out :nerd_face:

1 Like

Lol. Yeah, we joked about exactly that–just get some ANC muffs for Mom so he can blare the TV. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m so hyped for this. Finally a good source. Thank you @M0N for the recommendation!!!

I’ll give impressions when it arrives on Wednesday

10 Likes

THAT is a DAP I would like to try out. Good choice Sir!
:+1:t3:

1 Like

I have @M0N to thank. I’m super pumped because I’ve just been using tidal on my iPhone so this is a massive step up for me. Bit overkill for my blon 03 though lol so I’m going to get the ISN H40 next week

2 Likes