What did you buy today? (Part 1)

I honestly have no idea if this is a “thing” for us here. I have never blown anything out in my home and feel pretty confident that it’s not a big worry, but i recently took inventory of just how many electronics are plugged in all over my home and the total added cost of all the items made me really worried that Anything that messes with my electrical system would be Severe monetary loss.

2 Likes

Yup. Makes sense to protect all our cool stuff! lol. And indeed it does add up!

1 Like

Biggest week for audio for me so far

Sendy aiva
Lcd2 prefazor
Focal clear
Bifrost 2
Balanced cables for lcd2 and clear
Xlr interconnect

43 Likes

Haven’t taken the time to clean up and make it look pretty yet. From the moment I turned it on I noticed the clear improvements. Definitely a bigger jump in performance than the Geshelli → LP. In dynamics, resolution, slam, and just overall enjoyment. It sounds more full and lively. Now I’m not sure if I wanna sell the Arya…It hasn’t even been an hour yet though but so far very good. (Auralic Taurus MKII)

Nice! I’ll be getting one too soon. Can’t wait to compare it on this system.

20 Likes

That’s a hell of a haul!

1 Like

Now thats a haul right there I tell ya whuatt

1 Like

Go big or go home lol…nice swag :+1:

1 Like

Let us know how you like those three cans. Cool stand for the LCD-2. Can you provide a little bit more info on it?

Definitely need to spend some time and digest everything. I have a feeling the edition x v2 that I have will be my favorite out of everything I have.

Here is the stand:
https://www.amazon.com/PAZ-MIRRIM-Headphone-appealing-headphones/dp/B07H9SNV6B/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=paz+stand&qid=1598121802&sr=8-2

1 Like

A bit of advice, as a new Liquid Platinum owner myself…don’t do the whole “burn in” angle. Go for the ride with the tubes. It’ll be a little rollercoaster as everything gets working over the first few weeks of use, but its a part of the experience.

Received this yesterday, but I was busy all day and barely got to unbox.

Noir HPA, built by @lost33.

Very nice!

18 Likes

I bought the AKG K371 and Moondrop Statfield today. I want to try Harman tuning on the K371. I bought the Starfield to have an IEM to chill/sleep/study, because its a warm tuned IEM which isnt too engaging like bright tuned iems tend to be.

11 Likes

That is one serious week!!
Congrats :+1:t3:

1 Like

Looks interesting, is it a DIY-my-version kind of build?

1 Like

Yup.

I haven’t had a listen yet, but I should be able to this evening.

3 Likes

Golly Gee that looks like a really nice DIY project for beginners!!!

Go for it!!

Alex
:grinning:

3 Likes

I bought a DSD album for shits and giggles so to speak (Amber Rubarth 17 Ward) Didn’t cost me any more than a high res file but I wont be making a habit out of this any time soon.
Though sonically. Something’s there.

Also replacing some shitty MP3 rips of albums I dont own with proper uncompressed flac

8 Likes

buying another pair just for the headband, my ksc75 is getting a upgrade :smiley: also they are half off right now so good deal and i’ll have a backup pair of drivers if my original porta pros decide to kill themselves.

11 Likes

Finals came in, wow these are tiny

11 Likes

So I did a thing…

Now my library is a bit, well… bigger.

5 Likes