What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Mine should arrive end of September… Enjoy.

2 Likes

I hate how they pack the cable lol look forward to hearing about how you like em compared to your porta pros :+1:

2 Likes

Curiosity has got the best of me. Had to buy these.

I own the Legacy 3, and I want to know how these compare. Also, some people are saying this is the best IEM Fiio has ever made. So, this will be my first Fiio IEM.

8 Likes

First impressions is that they are a bit more comfortable (even with the yaxi pads on the porta pros), and that the sound is pretty comparable with the porta pros with yaxi pads.

The kph30i does feels like they have a bit more warmth in the mid and highs, and that the porta pros have a tad more “air” and are a bit brighter, but that might all be due to the stock pads compared to the yaxi pads on the porta pros.

If i where to put on yaxi pads i would guess they would be very similar, but i understand the process of changing pads are a bit more complicated on the kph30i

That said, im about 45 min in to using them (swapped a few times with the prota pros to find the difference in sound), and only been using spotify on my macbook yet, so my impressions might change :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

reading how these stand out as sounding different than what Grado is known for…I’d like to try these.

actually, does Grado issue FR charts for their headphones? I’d love to see how the GW100 and Hemp Ltd look like side by side.

2 Likes

I have the 80’s and 60’s neither came with a graph, but I’ve seen a bunch online, and the dedicated threads here. I’m stoked for these though, lots of hype surrounding them

yeh…I can’t find anything for both from the same source. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Got these from my boi @BoomShroom!

So far PHENOMENAL!! missed speakers so damn much lol. And of course I had to start my ghetto room treatment lol

19 Likes

Glad you liked them! They are very articulate and really pack a punch for their size.

2 Likes

Yeah i was pretty shocked. Good slam, detail, staging etc. Thnx for the great deal and amazing packaging

3 Likes

New cable for my T2s and they are much better than the last one and new case for my PC finally, since my case is getting old and shit. All of these with that saving during the pandemic.

11 Likes

Nice pickup dude , I hope you like them as the rest of us on the forum do.

1 Like

What cable is it?

a cable from JCALLY, man for the price of $9 it’s worth it. I love the weaving did to the cable and it much thicker than its previous one that broke which is the TRN cable. My T2 looks more beautiful with these cable being used.

I cancelled my Legacy 3 order, there were people who had flawed or very different versions, compared to others.
But… I am leaning towards the FH3 now and would like to hear which of the two you like best and why.
So please share.

1 Like

Fortunately I got the good set. Everything is there from what I can tell. Nice textured bass, not too much, not too little. Nice mids, and some people complain that their sets were lacking in the treble region of the frequency response, I don’t experience that with my set. I got mine in the mystique colour way too, looks nice.

I’ll keep everyone posted on my impressions on the FH3 and how I think it compares to the L3. I’m no reviewer, but I’ll try my best to convey what I hear.

2 Likes

Got my LZ A6 IEM’s today and are very curious to see if they live up to the hype, some experienced IEM users/reviewers installed in me; looking at you @Rikudou_Goku :wink:

After 5 min. with the pink nozzle inserted, I can say they have a wide soundstage, they are detailed and with a very clear treble. The 3 things I have learned, I appriciate quite a lot, especially in IEM’s. It will be interesting to play around with the other nozzles.

Both the tips and the cable in the pictures below are not original. I had ordered a cable from Satin and I am trying to find the right type of tips for it.

Edit: A quick comment: I like them and if they improve from here, they will for sure be used a lot.

14 Likes

Enjoy! :+1:

1 Like

Too many storms lately, power has been knocked out several times. This worries me since I don’t always power my equipment down completely. These were not cheap but seems well rated as far as quality surge suppressors go. I’m hoping for the best and wanted to add a little bit of piece of mind for days when I’m at work and power goes down.
Zero surge products

12 Likes

Living in Denmark, the power surge issue due to storms are very far from what I experience.
We have power in the air between cities and power stations, but as you can see it is very sturdy towers and these are among the smaller ones:

Billede1

But in all cities the power is underground, so we never have power surges. The last I can remember is 19 years ago.

4 Likes