What did you buy today? (Part 1)

I’ve noticed the number of purchases being reported has begun to drop the last little bit.

these two came yesterday.

37 Likes

Bought a retro fostex T-5, sounds way better than I would have thought

18 Likes

Kind of belated, but I picked up a Modi Multibit (last chip upgrade) and an Eitr about two weeks ago. I grabbed the former secondhand for a pretty good price and Schiit is having a clearance on the Eitr as they put it out to pasture. On the Liquid Platinum, compared to the SDAC-B, the Mimby+Eitr combo definitely has a wider soundstage and greater front to back depth. Its treble is not as laid back/veiled as the AKM4452 chip implementation on the SDAC-B (was this chip part of the velvet AKM sound signature?) nor does the treble reach any kind of sibilance on my Arya or HD800S. Also, there’s a bit more meat on the bones with the sound from the Mimby+Eitr, but by no means is the SDAC-B sterile. Overall, I’m pretty happy with the purchase.

schiiteitr

4 Likes

These two beauties came in and I’m enjoying them very much with my 770s and X2HRs

24 Likes

That’s awesome. Congratulations.

Schiit make some pretty sweet gear.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Got myself a pair of dt880 600 ohms :grin:

28 Likes

Amp upgrade = delivered! :smiley:

38 Likes

Nice. Let us know what you think of it. I really like mine, which I received earlier in the week. Sadly, it will have to go back for a replacement due to the wonky volume pot. Hopefully its replacement does not suffer the same issue.

Why cant every Headphone around 1000€ and over have an XLR and a 6. Headphone Cable. Should be a must for every company.
Arrived today.

29 Likes

About to be some hot boxin…

18 Likes

So going off of memory, the DT880 600 Ohm have very very slightly less treble than the 250 Ohm version I’m listening to right now. However, the treble isn’t too peaky, so it is a pleasant listen. Sounds great on the Tuba and V200.

Detachable 3.5mm single ended mod up next.

21 Likes

@Hazi59 Do you collect knives too? Hint…don’t start!!

2 Likes

After a month in USPS limbo my replacements are here :heart_eyes:

21 Likes

My 10$ bluetooth dac-amp arrived. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ordered Aug 4, fast shipping considering covid etc.

14 Likes

No, just have a few and my KA-BAR from when I served in the Marine Corps. They come in handy.

3 Likes

Just put my order in for a set of Focal Elegia from Adorama, from what I’ve read on these forums, $399 is a must buy. And as my first venture into Hi-Fi(for me) cans, they seem like a worthwhile risk.

14 Likes

As close as there is, really. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Motu M2 X2 Audio interface

I just got it in the mail.

Sounds neutral and it’s amazing. The two knobs serve my purposes perfectly and Zeo was right, best knobs on the planet. The loopback input device is also really nice if that’s something you need.

Very little noise on the 48V mic inputs.

17 Likes

Ordered the Koss kph30i a while back on Drop.com, and finally got them yesterday. Unpacked them today and now im just sitting and enjoying some Mazzy Star with them…pretty good sound and comfort (though only had them on for 30min or so :stuck_out_tongue: )

16 Likes