What did you buy today? (Part 1)

:laughing:

10-year-old episode of South Park in which everyone “gives money to the poor”: Someone then goes to Africa to literally just throw the damn box full of money at kids without saying anything, and he goes away.

Kids look at the American dollar bills, shrug, and throw em in the fire. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’ve just read and seen about too many “charities” that just fill the organizers pockets and those in need lol

1 Like

That is true of a ton of charity fund raisers. I read a story where fund raisers are only required to give a small portion of their proceeds to the actual charities referenced. I think it is somewhere between 15 and 20%.

2 Likes

Greetings from Quebec, I learned about 2 years ago there’s actually no license needed and no laws whatsoever about what qualifies as “charity” and what you can or cannot do with the money here.

Just don’t get caught spending all your “Save the pandas” money on blackjack and hookers, I guess.

1 Like

Kef ls50 limited edition black.

On sale for $898 cad. Or roughly $690 usd. Price was too good to turn down.

4 Likes

I love my LS50s, and I’d love them more if I paid that little for them

1 Like

Looking forward to hearing about the Tuba. It looks pretty sweet

Sorry. how much was it? :upside_down_face:

That must have been a law made by the bourgeois

1 Like

Its not that bad. judging from what i hear about audiophiles Mon probably bought a used echo to have more money for audio.

1 Like

Received my Sprout100 today…

13 Likes

M0N, you know what? to make it easier for myself and get the best deal guaranteed, I said fuck it I am going for the DT880 Pros and then learn how to make its cable detachable. Though the Hifiman HE 4XXs are screaming for me to get them.

2 Likes

Congrats its a beast (phonitor E).

I was very curious, so I ordered this. Hopefully it is pretty transparent. I want to do some comparisons.

3 Likes

That is one hell of a DAC, Mon. As endgame as it gets. Also, you don’t have to worry about anyone jacking it out of your car. It would take 3 guys!

Congratulations!

4 Likes

Lol, the four playstation logos for the four inputs.
And yeah, it’s passive so, not much can go wrong.

That’s what I was thinking. I saw a posting on CAM from a guy offering a rig like this from FiiO. It was a little run they did back in 2013. Seemed cool, but would be $50.00, including shipping. And I would have to pick up several 3.5mm cables and a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. Too much I thought for a 6-7 year old item.
But it did make me curious and like almost every search, it ended on Amazon. I knew the company was well known for decent cheap stuff. And the product is passive, so hopefully it will be pretty transparent. I want to do lots of headphone amp to headphone amp comparisons at my little sound station. And then I can reverse it and compare some headphones. I have about five amps and even more headphones. This should be fun with a total cost of about $65.00 in Canuck bucks. Of course after a week or two it will all end up in the closet for years.:grin:

1 Like

I know Z doesn’t browse the forums, but I hope he is proud.

6 Likes

I finally have all this in my hands!!!

3 Likes

oh yeah this also came in

5 Likes