What did you buy today? (Part 1)

i love how the anime fox figurine is the first thing you posed and for the cool headphones ur like “oh yeah this came too” lol

1 Like

well uh maybe I should also mention my ZMF oval suede pads came in too. And i’ll have you know Hanekawa is not a fox figurine but a cat girl figurine.

3 Likes

oh shit sorry lol

It’ll take some time burning them in. Let me know how you like them. Also, let me know which pads you prefer.

So, I made my first big boy purchase today. To a point where it’s probably the most valuable part of my setup now. Just brought home the Rogue Audio Sphinx V2.
My setup is now Tidal --> Schiit Bifrost MB --> Rogue Sphinx V2 --> LSiM 703

3 Likes

Hey, @M0N, is there a reason why I periodically hear a clicking noise from the XD-05? Also, what are the little pin things that came with it for?

When does the clicking happen? I think the driver is installed wrong if that happens

Check out this thread

What pins are you talking about?

1 Like

It makes a click when I hit play/pause/Next Track/Last Track, change input (slight delay), when I apply default filter (I guess it goes through a reboot?), and once it’s finished powering on. As for the pins, the little metel pin deal with a black plastic bit on one end. I know Zeos saw them during his unboxing

I think that plastic thing is a volume wheel cover, it can be installed to protect your volume wheel from being bumped

Yes that sounds like a driver issue, so perhaps try and follow that thread on how to properly uninstall and reinstall drivers

This would totally fit into my new bag…

link: https://shop.eaglemoss.com/hero-collector/rick-and-morty/rick-and-morty-messenger-bag-peace-among-worlds

2 Likes

The pin deals are the ones in the bag here (19:00)
I can’t say I know what the bagged screws are for either, though I’ll look through the thread and see if it stops the clicking.

LOVE the bag

I hope the burn in helps, my first reaction was not positive. One song I really liked on them but lost everything sounded very off and unnatural. I’ll have to let them play on some pink noise for a bit.

1 Like

Your brain has to burn into the stranger signature too lol. Took me like 4 days to fully get used to it

1 Like

What are your thoughts so far?

1 Like

um… what do you have up for sale? :slight_smile:

1 Like

It depends lol, I have a microphone for sale but I think I already got that locked down, also not selling the spring2 lol

BTW, looks like a nice DAC so congratulations! I’m worried that it doesn’t have a Gold Hi-Res Audio sticker on it like my Topping D10 does. Hopefully that’s not an issue. :wink:

1 Like

I think it’s weight is more than enough to convince someone it’s a good dac (around 130 lbs lol)

1 Like

Lmao…but but the sticker…

2 Likes