What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Just to make sure, is this what I’m supposed to be looking at? What’s is made out of lead? It’s beefy but it doesn’t look so huge as to weigh 130 lbs! Certainly looks like it can stop a bullet though.

1 Like

Lots of electronics in there lol, here are some internal images from the site

1 Like

I’ve got the driver issue resolved so I don’t notice when it does the clicking on play pause anymore, but when I do still hear a clicking when something is changed.

And these are the pins that I was talking about. Only thing I can think of possibly are plugs for the 3.5mm jacks.

Yeah that’s normal, it’s the amp switching modes, nothing to worry about, also mic sounding good :+1:

1 Like

What about the little pins/plugs or whatever they are? Any better ideas?

I don’t really know to be honest, I think it’s for some accessory, but you don’t need it for the device to work

1 Like

Ive been curious about the Bellari stuff for a while. Cant wait to hear your thoughts. I guess the Enhance button is gain? Interesting that its 99$ but has balanced inputs. I like the 1/8 and 1/4 inputs. Dont know why more amps dont do this.

just receiving these purchases from 11.11 in Bolivia

3 Likes

The fact that it has a readout inside the unit where nobody will see it is what makes this thing military grade awesome. I don’t know how it sounds, but I love it.

3 Likes

That’s only the dac section, they don’t even picture the power section which is just sweet (and adds the weight)

2 Likes

Wow NOS DAC chips…
How many bits of resolution do they claim?
It ought to hit 21 bits without resorting to dithering.
Power sections on high end audio components always seem to want to make a statement.
100+lbs is heavy even for high end components though, my mono blocks are only 75lbs a piece.

It doesn’t give a number for bits of resolution, but I’m going to assume high lol

It’s similar in design to the Schiit multibit stuff, but using an actual audio DAC (no longer made) as opposed to the current medical device DAC Schiit uses.
Obviously has a tube output section…
also massively overbuilt across the board.
My assumption though on something like this is they don’t bother with dithering.

Yeah, honestly it was just the best dac I have ever heard so far, and it’s not going to be replaced lol, and I just had to have it and never think about a dac again. After taking it to my car I then got curious about the innards lol

2 Likes

That’s the right way to buy audio gear…

Yeah I now appreciate it more after looking inside and having to take it to my car lol.

But now the issue is that I may sell off my other amps and preamp to get a matching stack…

1 Like

on the one hand the inside of electronics look neat. On the other hand, the stored energy inside a tube amp can kill you. So don’t go poking inside a marshal guitar amp also the tubes can carry said lethal sapping for week at a time while not plugged in.

IDK man, I just wanna plug it in and touch everything possible in there

2 Likes

if you want to burn out your new dac, go right ahead. but jokes aside the tubes inside a marshal guitar amp can carry lethal current for weeks at a time while left unplugged so tinker safe my friend.

1 Like

i wonder how much it really costs to put that DAC together. Like if someone where to buy the parts himself and assemble. what does this DAC costs? 30k or something?