What did you buy today? (Part 1)

@hit_the_right_note What a wonderful record of your journey! Thanks for sharing that with us.

1 Like

@MazeFrame Hee hee. I bought my first pair of magnifying glasses so I could continue tying fishing knots and flies!!

3 Likes

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of theseā€¦

22 Likes

@Delta9K nice choice!

3 Likes

Fostex TH610 and Monoprice Liquid Platinum both arrived today. I used to own a TH610 but sold them a while back to fund my Atticus purchase. Nice to have them back again.

So far, the MLP is a nice sounding hybrid tube amp as well. Though, I am looking forward to popping in some better tubes.

27 Likes

Got some Dekoni Choice Suedes for the Beyerdynamic T1.2s. Zeos review got me.

Very initial impressionsā€¦makes everything 15% better. Little wider, little deeper, little more bass, little less treble while keeping that signature and performance. Also, increases clamp by just a twinge. Stock pads made this headphone one of the lightest, most comfortable headphones Iā€™ve worn. Could literally melt listening to them. Weā€™ll see if the Suedes stand the test of time with that.

Comfort level goes up by a solid 35%.

One quirkā€¦I have really good peripheral visionā€¦stock pads keep the can close enough to my ear I canā€™t really see the headphoneā€¦but the Dekonis give you likeā€¦a centimeter width or so, and now I can catch the can from my periphery. Just sayin. Not good, bad, or indifferent, just of note.

4 Likes

Nice!

One of my favorite headphones. :+1:t4:

1 Like

Are they still stock? If so, do you have anything planned? I did the driver mod.
The LP is wonderful!

2 Likes

They are stock at the moment. Eventually I plan on doing the full level 3 Lawton Modā€¦but I need to stop hemorrhaging money at the moment, lol.

5 Likes

Totem Acoustic Sky

21 Likes

When does it endā€¦ever? :joy: Congratulations! @donjklassen

Donā€™t mind me, I too have issuesšŸ¤Ŗ

2 Likes

Lol maybe here? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Change of pace for this purchase. Before I do something stupid like buy a susvara, I thought I should try out a different type of transducer with my first speakers over $70

Pair of LS50

also got an XLR cable for my utopia

Just need to get a speaker amp and then i will be all set
(Until I inevitably upgrade in a couple weeks)

20 Likes

I am interested in these aswell, but I donā€™t know. I have put the ZMF eikon( I think they are eikon) suede pads on the T1 and it improved comfort by a whole lot, since the stock pads sit somewhat on my earlobes and that can be annoying af. But I have felt like they take something away from the sound I came to love so much. Probably I will try the dekonis aswell. Is the hole for the ear bigger than the one from the stock pads?

@thread:
Received two tubes to try, got them very cheap so y not!

6 Likes

š˜Šš˜¢š˜®š˜±š˜§š˜Ŗš˜³š˜¦ š˜—š˜°š˜­š˜¢š˜³š˜Ŗš˜“ š˜2 used ofcourse ! will compare them to my fh3 when i get it

4 Likes

My initial hypothesis is that if you get rid of the dampener on the pad, youā€™ll get that something back. After more listening today, you are rightā€¦Iā€™ve done a ton of side by sideā€¦Iā€™m not treble sensitive at all so the Beyerdynamic treble is fine by meā€¦the Dekoniā€™s add a lot to the track, but vocals might be a twinge recessedā€¦idk how to describe it.

Exampleā€¦listened to some Diana Krall Live from Paris and I preferred the stock padsā€¦or at least I think I do? Then I listened to the re-issue of The Man Who Sold The World and I think I preferred Dekonisā€¦Mick Ronson becomes the star of the show though with those pads and with the right amount of thc, you just blend into the psychedelic sound of the album. The Dekonis help the bass quite a bit, maybe a lot a bit.

-First speakers over 70$
-LS50s

Yeah thatā€™s a nice jump lol

5 Likes

If I did any smaller I would be upgrading by the end of the week
maybe ls50 will keep me from upgrading for at least a little while

3 Likes

Bought this today, because ā€œstackā€. :slight_smile:

SMSL Sanskrit 10th DAC for my SMSL sAp-1 amp. My first desktop, external DAC.

First impression (because I plugged it inā€¦ one hour ago): First thing I noticed, compared to my AVR or Playstation 3 DAC or even my smartphone, is the bass. Not that thereā€™s more, but that itā€™sā€¦ there. Clarity. Bass clarity, treble clarity, and the smoothness of the highs that gets rid of sibilance in some of my test songs.

Oddly enough, I havenā€™t noticed an improvement in what AKM seems mostly known for: Mids. Anyway, weā€™ll see. Still great for the price!

12 Likes

I just ordered my Lawton cups. Damn Iā€™m excited!

Museum grade waterfall bubinga (middle)

19 Likes